“Most fabulous staff!!!”

Amsterdam Court Hotel
Ranked #342 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I were on our first trip to NYC when we so warmly welcomed by Vana at the Amsterdam Court hotel. She made EVERY detail so perfect! I have done a lot of traveling and I have never had such amazing service.
As for other details... the hotel is a 7-10 minute walk to Time Square, subway stations on both corners of the block. Fantastic location!
Rooms are small but it's central Manhattan, it's to be expected. We were in need of a wheelchair accessible room. It was still enough room to maneuver in and the bathroom was great! Definitely good for someone restricted to a wheelchair (completely unable to walk).

Even if just based upon service at the hotel... I would recommend this hotel to EVERYONE!!! The staff is wonderful and incredibly helpful :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Yovana C, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear shenophy,

WOW, Very nice! Thank you so much for you great review and comments about the service from our staff. All of us here at Amsterdam Court take great pride in providing only the best service here in New York City, and so your comments really make us smile. Look forward to seeing you both soon! No worries ready to stop the traffice for you both anytime! LOL. It was a true pleasure having you both with us.

Vana

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Well, I guess I would give it 2.5 stars if I could...for the location, and most of the staff was helpful and responsive. However, it is not a hotel that offers very many amenities for the price it charges; for example, the internet costs $10 for 24 hrs and it is veryy slow...it is a waste. And in this day and age, when I can get on the subway and have free internet connection, having it charged so high seems ridicilous to me. The room we got is tinyyy; granted, we said we wouldnt mind less room for a view, but the view was not a nice view anyway...so it was a loss either way. I called to order room service, as it says on there we can order all day, but then they said the kitchen is closed...in the middle of the day. Our AC was leaking something, and the floor in that area was constantly wet; we told them to have someone come up, no one did...The TV was super tiny and basically pre-historic. All in all, if you are coming plan not to spend very much time in the room at all if you book it...this hotel has potential, but the staff is not taking it to the next level - even with their service. I would suggest going elsewhere if you can.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was disappointing and I would not have wanted to stay for more than a couple of nights. The room we were first allocated was so small, the entire floor space would have been taken up with our luggage. Fortunately, the receptionist moved us to a much larger room at no extra cost - however, the facilities are very basic and , apart from the delightful receptionist, the service is patchy. There are much better hotels in the area for a similar rate.

Room Tip: Don't accept the first room you are given if you don't like it!
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed at the Amsterdam Court Hotel for 5 days in July. The room was a bit small but very clean,
the air conditioning was working quite well and the personnel was very kind. The location is just perfect, 7 minutes walking distance from Time Square and 10-15 minutes from Rockfeller Centre, MoMa and other interest points. Subway is just beside! I really enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Mauro M,

Short and sweet - thank you very much for your review and nice comments about our staff! All of us here at Amsterdam Court are very happy knowing you had a great stay and got to enjoy our prime location. We hope to see you again soon, and take care!

Yovana Chinasamy

Reviewed July 20, 2013

The Amsterdam Court is located in an excellent spot, only a couple of minutes walking distance from Times Square and the metro. The staff were friendly and accomodating, and while our room was small, it was clean and air-conditioned. The staff were helpful with answering questions and provided us with a map of the main tourist attractions and where to go for a quick happy hour drink. Overall it was a great place to stay.

Dear Dan G

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor, We are flattered by your review, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Vana

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was delighted with my experience at the Amsterdam Court hotel on my first visit to New York City. Everything we wanted was in easy walking distance. We explored Times Square, the Theatre District, Hell's Kitchen, 5th Avenue and Central Park up to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The room was a bit small and dark, but it was comfortable, quiet, clean and cool in hot July. Service was friendly and the attention prompt and helpful. The roof top provided a haven away from the hustle and bustle of the city streets. I could imagine paying hundreds of dollars more for a bigger hotel, but I can't imagine finding better service or a better location for my stay in midtown.

Room Tip: Our fifth floor room was away from the street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 115ME123
Reviewed July 18, 2013

So with limited choices for Columbia Graduation we chose Amsterdam. I was a little concerned but the room turned out to be larger than expected. The restaurant downstairs was perfect. And the staff was amazing. I had a few situations arise and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating, helpful, responsive. The manager assisted. They were wonderful. The convenience to Morningside Heights was great and the doorman assisted with calling cabs expeditiously as many waited. Cabs to downtown for dinner were no problem and if you are unfamiliar w NY you can grab a cab from $6-10 and get almost anywhere from 10-20min. depending how far. Enjoy the old world charm of this hotel and appreciate it. It's cool.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family