“Excellent value”

Amsterdam Court Hotel
Ranked #348 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was a bit apprehensive about booking this hotel because there were some really harsh reviews. But overall, the hotel was a winner thanks to the employees (Vana in particular), combined with its excellent location and clean rooms. I requested a renovated room and was given room 703, which was clean, crisp and relatively quiet. I have stayed at many Times Square hotels over the years and I would have to say this one was in the best location and was the best value. I highly recommend the hotel. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (3,281)

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I was looking for a place to stay for a few days on my first visit to NY. On paper, Amstedam hotel was cheaper than a lot of other places, had a private bathroom and queen bed, and was in the general location I wanted. When I arrived it was great to see just how close it was to everything after looking on maps for ages, you were basically in the middle of everything. The subway on 50th went straight to 42nd and Penn St station. 5 mins to Rockefeller, and a short walk to Times Square and central park. Perfect for my needs.
I didnt have to spend much time in the room, but when I did it was comfortable. Couple of minor points, it was quite dark, I didnt open the windows and there wasnt much of a view, but not an issue for me. Internet was $10/24hrs which can add up, but overall still cheaper than other places. Room was comfortable and clean. Shower took some adjusting of the hot water, the room key took a few goes to open the door, and the downstairs bar I thought was expensive. Air con was kinda loud but I had ear plugs (always when I travel) and was fine.
But overall, these are minor things. I was there to see NY, wanted a big comfy bed, and a private bath room. I got all this at a good price, a lot cheaper than other places offering a single bed and shared bathroom in a worse location. Did I mention the location?
Definately recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Loved this hotel, perfect in every way. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Top marks I have no hesitation recommending this hotel. Didn't manage to eat at the restaurant as we were out most of the day, and the location was incredible in the center of everything we needed

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Hotels in New York are expensive and it is always a challenge to find the right vakue for money. Amsterdam Court give that value.

I had a nice room with space, but the bathroom was small. (Small tub). The chair in the room was broken and dirty. The bed was clean and OK.

The room was on the 6th floor and streetviewing. But that gave a lot of street noise. Construction works started very early in the morning and that was a bad wake up call. Same for police and firebrigade sirenes. Sound isolation is really needed. So, if you choose this hotel make sure you have a room at the back side!!

The hotel is connected to a Japanese restaurant and a bar which is very convenient.

People at the reception are very friendly.

Internet costs 10 dollars for 24 hours and can not be charged to the room. (not good) Intenet connection is not perfect, sometines even slow and an average wifi reception.

But overall and given the price, it is value for money.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back side, to avoid street noise
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The location of this hotel is amazing, literally around the corner from Times Square, 2 mins to rockafalla centre, 5 mins to Central Park and right next to the subway for everything else. It was cheaper than a lot of the hotels we were looking at. Now our room (326) was very small, but it had a comfortable bed, flat screen tv, desk and a/c, the bathroom was basic but very clean, it worked fine for us. We were there to blitz NY in 4 days so we were out from 9 every morning until 6, back to have a quick shower and then back out for the evening so we were using this room to basically just sleep in and it was perfect.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 9, 2013

It's not worth it! It's not worth it! It's not worth it! It's not worth it! It's not worth it! I checked out on 06/10/2013 Water gets really hot. Window would not lock. Rooms are very small. Parking $25 per day & must be paid with credit or debit card, and internet cost $10 per 24 hours. Not worth it! Don't do it!

Room Tip: Up grade to 4 or 5 star hotel. This one is not worth the money!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2013

me and my partner arrived at this hotel and even though everyone was so welcoming when we went to the room we did not really like the decor it was dark and looked old the room was fine however we had water that was coming in the room somehow. We went downstairs and spoke with the front desk they were so apologetic and moved us straight away.. The second room we got was slightly larger with a king bed. this place was great it was in the center of everything. but what really made the difference was when we had a poblem, the staff resloved it straight away, and they checked up on us throughout making sure we were comfortable. This really reassured us that they cared about us. Thats why they are number one! for us thank you all we will be back.

Room Tip: try and get a room with windows it made all the difference and made the room much more lighter and b...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple