“Great location and great value!”

Amsterdam Court Hotel
Ranked #341 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 18, 2012

My husband booked this hotel for my birthday but when we checked the reviews we were concerned about what we would find. We need not have worried. Our room was great - clean, compact but big enough. Comfortable and great shower. We didn't have a view -looked out onto the internal atrium but this meant there was little noise from the New York Streets so we slept really well. The staff were helpful and polite and you can't beat the location. For location and value for money this was excellent. Just ask for a renovated room and you'll be fine. But pop along to Le Park Meridien hotel on 57th street and find the groovy burger bar behind the curtain in reception - its an event in itself. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. If you're not bothered about a view (which is only of the street) room...
1  Thank Ria_NEssex_UK
Yovana C, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2012

Dear Ria_NEssex_UK

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent stay with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your birthday vacation with us, and that are staff were helpful during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Amsterdam Court Hotel the next time you are in NYC!

There are newer reviews for Amsterdam Court Hotel

Reviewed February 12, 2012

I don't normally review hotels but this deserves my praise. The online photos do not do this place justice. The staff was more than friendly, accommodating and hospitable. The rooms were spacious (as far as NY hotels go) and clean. The location can't be beat. Walking distance from subway station, Times Square, and if you prefer a car service, they arrange that for you as well. My flight was late in the evening and they held my bags for me while I continued to enjoy the city prior to my departure. I cannot rave about them enough. Excellent place to stay. I am definitely retuning

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Cinloo82
Yovana C, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2012

Dear Cinloo82

Thank you for taking the time to review us!

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent visit with us here at The Amsterdam Court. It's very kind of you to take the time to share your feedback. I will share your kind comments with all of our staff.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to your home in NYC.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the first time, last week with my boyfriend for our 5 year anniversary and one thing that I can say is that it is not renovated; should be and will be. Which I was advised by the front desk that renovation is in process. Besides that nothing went wrong.

I had a great room that the natalie accommodated us with our request of a view. She also helped us with reservations to restaurants like the nearby Empire steakhouse that i recommend to anyone that likes a steakhouse. as well as skip the line passes to empire statue building and top of the rock!! (ask for these!!) Karina was also helpful, she was very kind our entire stay with our many question since it was our first time in the city together. Housekeeping was of great service, we had service most night that we were there.

Again... The only thing that this hotel need is to be renovated. Besides that I had a great time in New York. Will return soon. Thank you!

Room Tip: ask for a view

Dear Mellisa V

Thank you for your kind review and most recent visit with us!

I'm excited to share your glowing review with all of our staff member Natalie who managed to accommodate your room request and restaurant reservations to ensure that your expectations continue to be exceeded. We continue to evaluate our product, and we are all evry much excited about our renovation. We look forward to welcoming you home again soon.
so that we can make your next visit even better!

Reviewed February 10, 2012

As I'm on my phone, this will be fast. The AC hotel desparately needs $$$$ in renovations. We stayed 2 nights using a Groupon and were shocked at our "superior" room. The first night, our room was barely big enough to hold the bed and a fire escape blocked our 1 windows view... of an alley. The toilet ran non stop so we finally turned the water off ourselves, the tub could not drain (making showers disgusting), the pipes rattled powerfully while the water ran, and the shower head was broken so it felt like a fire hose was pounding the shower wall while a second hose blasted the curtain. Upon complaining the next am, we were put in a different room... a significantly better & nicer room. Turns out this second room was the kind we were supposed to get the first night. I cannot understand why we were given an inferior room, especially since I called 2x that morning to confirm our arrival. Our hopes for a better night were not met when the "superior" rooms' toilet flooded beyond the bathroom, and we were woken numerous times from hourly banging on pipes (faulty heat system???) and horn honking from the street SIX floors below. Obviously, this hotel needs new windows, plumbing, and other upgrades. I would NEVER recommend this hotel!!! You cannot and will not get a full nights sleep and you can expect an unpleasant experience with the restroom. At least we were close to the theaters but I felt like we were mistreated as we used Groupon reservations.

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear Angie1967

Thank you for your recent visit and providing the feedback from it.

I am so sorry to hear that your experience at Amsterdam Court was less then what we had hoped for. I would very much like to apologize to you and see if we can ensure that on your next visit, you have the experience that you should have had. I would love to discuss in more detail and make up for the inconveniences that you experienced. You can reach me personally at ychinasamy@amsterdamhospitality.com or 212-459-1000. What you experienced is not the norm and we will learn from your kind feedback.

Thank you again, We will ensure that these challenges do not repeat themselves.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 9, 2012

Great place...simple and walking distance to times square
Liza is the best...let us know that is was dining week in nyc...and printed out a list of all the participating restaurants...ate a great meal, at a great price...Thanks
already planning the next nyc adventure...Spa week..yeah

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Diane M

Dear Diane M

Wow! Thank you for your amazing review. We appreciate all feedback, I am so happy our staff Liza was able to make you feel comfortable during your experience with us at the Amsterdam Court Hotel. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team. We strive to make every guest feel as if this is their home away from home. We look forward to seeing you in the near future ( for Spa Week!)

Reviewed February 8, 2012

New York City welcomed me with open arms, as did the the staff at the Amsterdam Court Hotel.

The hotel is in midtown Manhattan, idealy located for places like Times Square, Port Authority, Rockafeller centre. Central Park and the Empire State Building are only a brisk twenty minute walk away.

Transport links are amazing, and if you are coming in from Jamaica Centre , the E train stops on 50th Avenue/8th Literally 5 minutes walk from the Hotel, very handy if you have to catch an early flight back from JFK.

The rooms are more than adequate for the price, and kept clean and well serviced. But lets face it you dont come to Manhattan to spend your time in a hotel room.There are plenty of really good bars and restaurants located near the hotel, be sure to ask at the front desk for recommendations.

The staff are what really make the difference in this place, they are very friendly, very helpful and very welcoming. Jason on the front desk is the guy you really want to speak too, his sense of humour is only suppassed by his welcoming and approachable manner, without a doubt the best front desk guy I have ever meet on my travels.

So thanks to everyone at the Amsterdam Court Hotel, if I ever make it back to NY I will be staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 211DMK

Dear 211DMK

Thank you so much for such a thorough review! I’m sure your review will help future guests get a good feel for what our hotel is all about. It’s so great to hear that you had such a memorable holiday with us. I will be sure to share your feedback with Jason I have no doubt that he will be thrilled! We look forward to seeing you on your next Adventure to NYC!

Reviewed February 7, 2012

I just want to say the staff is very nice! Liza in particular at the front desk is very kind!
You cant beat the location and the price! oh...the door guy is easy on the eyes too!

Dear d b

We're thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us at The Amsterdam Court Hotel and I must agree our location is second to none. I will be sure to share your gracious feedback with Liza at Front Desk and the team ( of course not forgetting those easy on the eye bellmen that we have!) Looking forward to welcoming you for a return visit.