“Great place not stuffy”

Fri, 12/3
8:00 PM
Ranked #603 of 13,573 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th
Transit: N,R,W 59th&5th Ave
Description: Quality Meats is open for indoor and outdoor dining in our covered cabins. Quality Meats is the best steakhouse in New York and features modern interpretations of familiar dishes and flavor combinations, resulting in unique tastes, innovative presentations, and a distinctive Quality Meats style.
Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

Some steak houses put on airs. Not this place. They just put on a great meal. Very casual post industrial chic with excellent food. The steak tartar was amazing as was the raw bar and bone marrow. Overall I think we ordered too much food. Everything was rich and scrumptious. Put this place on your list!

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,370)

Reviewed August 19, 2016 via mobile

Was in NYC for a consulting event and had dinner at this fabulous eatery. One of the best bone-in filet's I've had, probably equal to Halls Chophouse in Charleston SC. Service was superb as well. Definitely going back next visit to the Big Apple!

Reviewed August 19, 2016

I ate at Quality Meats on the advice of the concierge at my hotel after arriving there at 10 pm and looking for a good place to eat. She recommended it and so I made the 6 block walk to the restaurant. The interior was nice, good atmosphere. I had a seat at the bar and was waited upon by a waiter and bartender. I ordered a Tito s and tonic and perused the menu. Typical steakhouse fare. I decided to order the 10 oz. filet, double baked potato and house spinach. I felt everything was "ok".. Nothing to write home about really. Actually I've had much better tasting filets in Milwaukee. The bill took me Aback after a average meal with tip to be $120. I know, it's Manhattan. But after a few days there, there are much better options. Just saying.

Reviewed August 17, 2016

good place, great food, correct service and, in general, a perfect place to dine with friends, family or business. the Porterhouse was among the best I´ve eaten in my life!!. Waffle fries? awesome, so were the spinach!!

Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

Great food, great atmosphere and great service. Not to mention the best Moscow mule I've ever had! So glad my brother in law recommended it.