“Wow, Exceptional”
Review of Quality Meats

Quality Meats
Reserve with OpenTable
Quality Meats is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #172 of 14,031 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th
Transit: N,R,W 59th&5th Ave
Description: This tony seafood house offers creature comforts and quality fish.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I made the reservation online for 4 and made a request for a certain table which was honored.
To Qualities credit they confirmed by telephone the day before.
My reservation was early (6:30 ) and at 6:15 realizing we were going to be late, called Quality and they graciously changed the reservation to 7 PM. When we arrived we were warmly greeted and seated.
Decor was 'classic' steakhouse- dark rich woods.
It can get loud (ceiling was wood)due to little sound absorption.

Complimentary chef’s appetizer of sliced pare w/ goat cheese was served—the perfect mix of sweet and salty. Fresh baked warm bread was incredible. We did not order appetizers.

The entrees were simply terrific.
Steak (24 oz Rib) was cooked to perfection.
Veal Chop was incredible. Very large and cooked to perfection also.
Baby back ribs were delicious. Not your typical BBQ or chain joint that smothers ribs in sauce. Very meaty, sweat and flavorful. ( note; the menu reads Baby Back Ribs, “not” BBQ baby back ribs so if you're expecting the BBQ variety, you might want to choose something else.)

A "steak sauce" is prepared table side. Not sure why, I--and most others--wouldn't dare ruin a good steak with any sauce. I did taste it with my potatoes and it was real good, but didn't have any more use for it.

Sides: Corn Crème Brûlée and Pan Roasted Crispy Potatoes. The potatoes were thinly sliced almost like potato chips in a butter sauce. Both were fantastic. The Corn Crème Brûlée was amazing. If you like corn, especially creamed, you'll love this. Two sides, served family style, were sufficient for 4 of us.

Dessert: Fresh fruit and Apple and Plum Tart( came w/ a dab of iced cream. Both winners !
The ice cream was a tease. It was so good, I was tempted to order the pint, but used great willpower. Both were priced reasonably.

Service was above average. Kudos to the waiter for his steak recommendation and rationale according how we liked it cooked. He nailed it!
Restrooms small but clean.
Prices were steep, but in-line with the city’s top steak houses. So expect to drop a few hundred for 4
(or more depending on wine/appetizers).

My only slight disappointment was we were not offered “Quality” Sparkling Water. Only found out about it by mistake seeing it in the chiller on my way to the rest room.

For those who are not meat lovers (including veal and BB Ribs) there is chicken and seafood, but again, this is a meat house.

Just 3 stops from 42nd St. in Times Sqr. via N or R train to 5thAve /59th St stop.

A lasting impression was made on my children who celebrated their birthday.
I would return without a doubt.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

This ranks up with the best meals in NYC. My husband must have gluten free, not as a lifestyle choice, for Celia's. the chef ensured everything he ate was gluten free. They actually make their own steak sauce and pulled each item to ensure it was gluten free. many restaurants these days like to advertise they are gluten free free ....DOS CAMINOS, for example and do not even know what it is, and use as a marketing tool. Other restaurants that do serve gluten free, pasta for example, give you tiny diet portions. My ribs were outstanding as well, and hubby ate half my plate as I could not get thru it. Quality of food was fantastic, super tastes, well prepared and presented, my butternut squash salad was suburb. price this is a pricey place but you are getting top notch food. service was not as good as the food though adequate brought down the experience a bit very crowded and noisy, seems the trend in NYC.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

The food, staff and setting of this restaurant make it one of the best overall experiences I have ever had in NYC. Delicious truffle fries, and my seared filet was amazing. The drinks were reasonably priced and the staff was absolutely accommodating. The downstairs bar area is really cool.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was there this past week, and if you can get past the $$$$ bill, you will thoroughly enjoy your meal. We had the baked oysters, filet mignon, and corn creme brûlée (the bomb!!). The prepared steak sauce was truly amazing, so make sure you ask what steaks come with it prior to ordering. The espresso martini was adequate at best (only semi-negative portion of meal). Go there if you are looking to entertain or woo someone.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

My wife and I split the aged sirloin and lobster and they were superb. Service is excellent and this is a great place. Gandkfromoz