“Quality Meats - the name says it all”
Review of Quality Meats

Quality Meats
Reserve with OpenTable
Quality Meats is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #405 of 14,586 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th
Transit: N,R,W 59th&5th Ave
Description: This tony seafood house offers creature comforts and quality fish.
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Went there with a group of friends to celebrate. The group had asked for good steaks and I knew the restaurant from a previous visit. The steakes were perfect and the wine was good. My group just loved it.

The place was very crowded (on a Saturday evening) and a bit too loud for my taste, as the young people around us seemed to be having fun. Service was fairly good under the circumstances.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,105)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my meal at Quality meats. Sadly, the gentleman seated next to me was unbearable...rude to the staff, making his own menu as he drank five different alcoholic beverages simultaneously.

Apart from that, my food was good. The filet mignon at dinner was 12 oz. when, in actually, it was really 2 6oz. steaks. I really wished they had a "petite" version as I could barely finish half my dinner! At $43, I felt it was a waste though I would come back in a moment if I had someone to share dinner with!

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Definately a happening place and not a place for a romantic dinner. Food was well presented and the menu featured some interesting appetisers. The beef was quality. I believe they have recently been named best steakhouse in Manhattan. The prices were reasonable by Sydney standards, possibly in the higher bracket for NYC. We had an extremely memorable evening and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

1  Thank Aybee13
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Situated in the basement near our hotel the park lane, this was a convenient option for meeting up with friends and family coming into the city. The restaurant is contemporary in design, with a concise menu of meats, salads and open sandwich platters. The staff were polite and friendly & the prices reasonable considering it's location near the upper east side. Worth a visit if your in the neighbourhood.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Looking on tripadvisor, I wanted to make dinner reservations for our anniversary trip to New York. The top restaurants were booked the night we traveled and then I found Quality Meats. It was within walking distance from our hotel (near Rockefeller Center). I used OpenTable to make the reservation and put in the comments section it was our ten year anniversary. We walked in and were brought right to our table. If I could describe this place in one word, it would be "warm," The dark and medium wood tones were brought to life with candlelight. Candles were on the table, on the walls hanging by scales, etc. There was a nice fireplace. I made a trip to the bathroom and even that I can compliment. It was clean and the wall of hand towels was pretty unique. There was a little sitting area too just outside the bathroom. Our waiter, Lance, brought over champagne, welcomed us, and wished us a happy anniversary. I ordered the filet mignon and my husband ordered the dry aged steak special. Both were cooked as ordered and were melt in your mouth delicious. During our meal, the manager came over (as he did to every table) to see how things were going and if we needed anything at all. At the end of the meal, we were brought sorbet that had "Happy Anniversary" written on the plate. They really put in an effort to make our night extra special.

1  Thank Kate M