“Wait till the Cows come home!!”
Review of Quality Meats

Quality Meats
Reserve with OpenTable
Quality Meats is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #171 of 14,381 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th
Transit: N,R,W 59th&5th Ave
Description: This tony seafood house offers creature comforts and quality fish.
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Waited 20 minutes for the server to let us know that they were a little behind in the kitchen and taking a long time for the baked oysters..another 20 minutes went by and I informed waiter to send appetizers without the oysters...she informed the manager and she quickly apologized it was taking so long for our Entrees...We were still waiting for appetizers??...at end of meal there was no apology or remorse of any kind from the manager...Not Happy!...

Write a ReviewReviews (2,044)

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Bone-in Fillet Mignon is a must, if available. Nice wine list with a wide variety of price points. Reservation helpful but not required. We ate late and closed the restaurant down.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place was ok in my opinion. My steak came and it was incredably salty, there were no sides that came with it and if you wanted a side you had to order it seperatley which I found a little odd. The other thing was that the seats were incredibly close to each other. Us and the couple next to us couldn't help but get involved in each others conversations, we might as well have been at the same table we were so close. Overall it is very nice inside but I'm not sure I'd go back, I'd rather try somewhere new.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Happened on this by a very serendipitous moment!! Met a lovely young lady in NY and she suggested my sister and I go there for dinner. She said they may be full but in fact they had a cancellation. Lucky for us! Food and place was fab.

1  Thank FunkyMonkey_12
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was quite honestly one of the best meals I have ever had, and I'm known to be a harsh critic of restaurants I have visited.

Whilst it's pricey, you really do get what you pay for. Everything we ordered was cooked to perfection. The service was outstanding also. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu too.

A lovely way to spend my 30th birthday. I couldn't recommend this highly enough.

1  Thank andyw785