“Excellent food”
Review of Quality Meats

Quality Meats
Reserve with OpenTable
Quality Meats is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #171 of 14,199 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th
Transit: N,R,W 59th&5th Ave
Description: This tony seafood house offers creature comforts and quality fish.
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Atmosphere is perfect. You feel like you are walking into a cool clubhous. Tables are far enough apart to have a private conversation. Food is great, the sides and the salads are a tasty delight. The service is impeccable in th wine menu is extensive and affordable.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,996)

Reviewed October 5, 2012

While travelling to NY fro business, my colleagues booked this place for me. They knew that where I live (Australia) meat is terrific, therefore they wanted me to try what they consider one of the best spots in town for meat lovers. And they where right.
The restaurant is nice, service is professional, atmosphere is casual, not pretentious. Me and my host ordered a beautiful steak rib for two after an honest appetizer. Well, the meat blew us away, it was well cooked, tasty, tender, crunchy on the surface, medium cooked but still giving us the pleasure of different textures. And it was more than enough for two tall men emptying two bottles of Super Tuscan.
Overall, very nice experience.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Service was absolutely fantastic, that's for sure.

However there were some problems with the food and they weren't addressed to my liking which is dragging this experience down in my book.

The good/amazing:
App Tomato Bacon Salad - Unreal how good this was.
Side - Potato Cheese Gnocchi - Unbelievably good.
Side - Parmesan waffle fries - Really nice.
Dessert - Sticky Toffee Cake - Probably the best thing I've ever put in my mouth.

the so-so
Crabcake App - A little undercooked and fishy tasting.

The Bad
Porterhouse for 2. They called it charred, I called it burned to hell. It was ordered medium well, however the top of the steak was burned to a crisp about 1/4 of an inch deep. The meat tasted fine under the burned part, but you still couldn't get the taste out of our mouths. We mentioned it to the staff we were'nt too pleased with it and we figured they'd take it off the bill. They gave us a free dessert, which doesn't make up for a $90 steak.

The rotten
When asked for our choice in water, I just said "still" presuming tap water. Little did I know that still meant $19.00 for spring water.

Overall I think if the steak wasn't so badly burned we would have enjoyed it, but the kick in the guts was the charge for the water and the fact they didn't do anything other than give us a dessert that, even though it was really good, we didn't want and still doesn't make up for the steak.

1  Thank NavEEdTravels
Reviewed October 4, 2012

One of the best statehouse I have ever been: great food, kind and efficient staff, nice environment. Despite the prices, it is a very popular destination, therefore it is better to book well in advance if you want to experience their great fillets

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Beautiful aged meats, perfect potaoes both sushi and roasted bone marrow for appetizers. The service was perfect. It is down below steet level but the ambiance is nice, different levels.