“Authentic Korean at a great price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Kunjip Restaurant

Kunjip Restaurant
Ranked #2,821 of 13,552 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Midtown
Texas
“Authentic Korean at a great price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

In a street of Korean restaurants, this one quickly had a line out the door. The servers do not speak much English but if you are comfortable either with Korean food or being daring, it works great. Inexpensive prices for NYC, good for pretheater. We had bibimbap and okinomiachi. One complaint, the table pickles before the meal could have been a bit spicier.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank DJTex

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
New Jersey
“good food, not so good serving”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Food is good but you get kinda rushed to eat and leave because waiters/waitresses will leave a bill on your table before you are done eating. Also, waiting people are standing right beside your table which kinda makes you want to leave early.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank sw2choi
Montreal, Canada
“Tasty Korean feast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

What a great dinner we had! We had their Bibimbap + stew (which turned out to be a delicious tofu and seafood soup) combo (16,95$).

The service was a bit hurried, they even took our order while we were waiting in line, but we didn't mind, and the food arrived as soon as we sat at our table!

As it is usual in Korean restaurants, it came with all kinds of small sides (pickled vegetables, scrambled eggs...), which you could order unlimitedly.

We had the beef bibimbap and the spicy pork bibimbap, and both were great!

Highly recommended!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MarieSnow
Baltimore
“Food is pretty good here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Kun Jip was so good that I had lunch here with a friend and then brought my wife here for dinner on the same day.

But... service is severely lacking. This place is usually packed and extremely busy. I think that stresses some of the staff out, and they try to make quick turnarounds. Someone will be managing the lines, barking out orders, and directing traffic. Patrons will be pushed around during high peak volumes and occasionally yelled at. Your check will arrive minutes after your last dish is placed on your table.

That being said... I guess this way of managing works. I was turned off, but I did come again because the food was fantastic and I kind of overlooked the chaos. The side dishes are plentiful, and the boiled egg and small soondoobu are often included, depending on what you order. Some dishes are pricier than those at other Korean restaurants, but some are also very worth it. My favorite item here is by far the galbi jim. It is to die for and it blew my taste buds to the moon. I've been to many Korean restaurants, and I've had nothing like it yet.

Visited May 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Tasty and amazing experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I try to go there every time I go to NYC.

The food is just amazing, and so flavorful. My favorite is the spicy octopus with udon noodles, but you must try the Korean BBQ (I LOVE the pork belly). Cons are that I personally find it's a bit on the pricier side (for Korean food), but I think it's totally worth it.

The service is quick, they are attentive, and the place is open 24 hours (it was full or almost full everytime I went there!). What more can you ask for? The only criticism about the service is that you feel like they are rushing you to leave.

• Visited March 2013