“RUDE service !” 1 of 5 bubbles

Kunjip Restaurant
Ranked #2,600 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Midtown
Singapore, Singapore
“RUDE service !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I been to this restaurant for 3 times, last night for the 4th time, i got VERY disappointed. my friend was not happy with the meal she ordered, so we told one of the guy who seems arranging all the customers that the vegetable is very bitter and have smell. Him and another girl apologized and offer us another meal but my friend said it's alright she just want to let them know about it and then they said we DONT have to pay for it. my friend ask for hot water, but they gave her hot tea.we never feel the service, as most of us know this place is super crowed. they bill come before we even ask for it, since im been there few times i know they want us to finish it faster for next customer since the line is so long. when we saw the bill, my friend's meal was charge. we paid without saying anything !!!!! feeling disappointed we left only $3 tips. a young ladies who seems in-charge in cashier told us the tips is actually between 15%-20%. i try told her about what happen and told her that one of them said we don have to pay for one of the meal but we STILL PAID even it cost $16.99 and with all they rushing service that we don even feel we being serve, before i finish talking, she took the bills and use her hand said "ok go go go , go now" and her body language really telling us off. i see there is no point for me to pay her even 15% tips when this kind of service and attitude i get. i was soooo angry but i did nothing. i walk away and swear i wont be back there anymore. and i will tell all my 7000 colleagues about this.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Aprilia_april

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Zurich, Switzerland
“the best korean food experience in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Kunjip in 32nd Street is a great place to enjoy a real korean food feast. All the food from the menu comes with little side dishes (kim chi, other vegetables, dried fish, etc.). The quality to superior, and also the quantity is more than enough. The best advertising for this restaurant is that it's always full with asian people. We enjoyed the stay in Kunjip a lot and can definitely recommend Kunjip for their food. Price value is perfect.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“The queue say's it all......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great food, fast service. This busy little restaurent has a real buzz about it, the Appetisers are a nice touch, the food was very fresh, and the service was great. .... be prepared to queue, but not too long...

Will go back!

• Visited January 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Just terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Interestingly, Kun Jip is also listed in Trip Advisor as “Kun Jip Restaurant,” which has more reviews, so I decided to add my review to this listing. My wife and I stopped in Kun Jip during a visit to New York for the Martin Luther King holiday long weekend, because the restaurant was across the street from the hotel where we were staying. The crowds of Koreans in the restaurant indicate that it is very popular, which is puzzling because our food was awful. My wife and I have been to Seoul, and we live in northern Virginia, which has many Korean restaurants, particularly in the neighboring town of Annandale, so we are familiar with Korean food.

On the plus side, the service was quick and efficient. The Korean-style “banchan” hors d’oeuvres we had were also not bad, about five plates altogether. Strangely, however, although Korean cooking is normally known to be spicy and heavily seasoned with garlic, gobdol bibimbap (with ground beef) and my bulgogi bibimbap were completely tasteless, to the point that I almost asked for soy sauce to add to the dish. The menu offers some other authentic dishes, perhaps not found elsewhere, such as pork feet and boiled ox knee, but visitors are well advised to patronize the many other Korean restaurants on the same street.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mike U
Damascus, Maryland
“Great food open all night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had the seafood pancake & seafood with vegetable & egg hot pot, both excellent! They quickly bring out a whole tray of complimentary appetizers. We ate there twice, the place was packed when we went there at 3am!

• Visited December 2012