“food was good, but one waitress made us feel bad”
Review of Kunjip Restaurant

Kunjip Restaurant
Ranked #2,887 of 13,630 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Midtown
東京
“food was good, but one waitress made us feel bad”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We went this restaurant May 2012. It was second time for us. Food was good, and not so much for waiting. But when we paid cash to one waiter, and she said it's not enough. I thought I gave her light amount money include 20% tips. As she said, we had to pay more. At last she gave one bill back which had tear, and she said it from us. So we changed it again. She counted money behind us back, so it had a chance to take or change money . There is no evidence, evrything was suspicious. I don't want to never happen again like this situation. It's better to pay with credit card or bring a bill to casher.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank 初口コミ

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Osaka, Japan
“Korean Salvation!”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We'd been walking for hours and hours on a warm spring day. Starting in China Town, we made our way on foot to Staten Is Ferry, then around Battery Park, up to the 9-11 Memorial, and then up to Korea Town, where we happily fell into Kun Jip, exhausted and very hungry. The place was packed, but the helpful staff brought us menus to peruse in line and we were soon seated and surrounded by steaming plates of delicious food. I travel to Korea 2 or 3 times a year and have a reasonable idea of what constitutes decent Korean dining. This place would be popular even in Seoul. It has a homey decor and a cheerfully hardworking staff. The food was all good: dinner for two of us (hungry men) came to $82 with tip. That is a lot more than you might pay in Seoul for relatively simple food, but for this foot-sort and weary pair, this place was sweet salvation.

• Visited April 2012
Derry, New Hampshire
“Recommended by someone who was in Korea!”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We were brought to this restaurant by my brother-in-law who served in the Marines in Korea, so he would know authentic food, and he ended up ordering us a little bit of everything on the menu! It was all fantastic, and even the kids liked trying the new foods. I absolutely loved this little restaurant, even if it was crowded because of the popularity. We would definitely go again the next time we were in NYC!

• Visited December 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Disappointing meal”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We ordered their grilled boneless short ribs and weren't thrilled. My husband cooks that dish and his marinade is much better. I had their ox bone soup with meat and scallions. Tasted like the bones were waved over the water -- no broth flavor. The short ribs especially were a bit pricey for what you got.

Visited May 2012
Summerville
“Low Prices and Great Korean Food”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I got takeout from Kunjip and was amazed by the wonderful quality and huge quantity of food I got. I ordered a soup with sides and it was enough for two or three and included rice, two kinds of kimchi (my least favorite thing), and an incredible selection of tasty cold sides. Highly recommended but go early if you are going to eat in because the lines are long.

Visited April 2012