“my favorite restaurant”

Blossom Vegan Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Blossom Vegan Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #266 of 13,935 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is the main restaurant ,and there are two spin offs within the family that I know of. All are excellent , but for me this is the best vegan restaurant anywhere. This time I had the Raw Zucchini Rolatini for an appetizer . The basil cashew cheese filling gives it a soft creamy texture and subtle sweetness that makes you want to savor every bite. It's also gluten free. My wife had the black eyed pea cake which I'm told is excellent. I had a delicious sweet potato based soup, but don't remember the name and she had the field greens, uh ...amazing. My entree was the Vegetable Mezze Plate which is what I've had three times now. The vegetables are perfectly cooked, the portions are huge, and the flavors are out of this world. It's five or six carefully prepared dishes in one, and packed with so many flavors. The mushrooms are a standout for me, hmmm well the brussel sprouts too. I can put away some food ,so I ordered a side of braised tofu which was the tastiest serving of tofu I have ever tasted. I would love to know how they got tofu to taste like that. Did I have room for dessert, well no not this time , but I'm in training for my next visit. I will be having dessert.

1  Thank chad h
There are newer reviews for Blossom Vegan Restaurant

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The restaurant needs a bit of updating, in terms of decor. But the menu is great and the service was excellent. First time here. I will return on my next trip to NYC. And it's close to the Chelsea Market.

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Got takeout here tonight - $21 for an entree that tasted like cardboard - tofu. Restaurant refused to substitute the type of side salad. Portion was microscopic. I will never return. Place is cute and the wine list is nice. Staff was nice but the refusal to swap salad type was weird. Not a good experience at all!

1  Thank Amy B
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I went to this restaurant to celebrate an early Valentine's Day but boy were we disappointed. First of all based on the standards of the South, we were anticipating a really nice restaurant - the place looked like it was someone's old apartment! The restrooms were so ugly and not at all what you would expect from an upscale restaurant. The service was sub-par. The food was delicious but very limited especially for the exorbitant prices they charge! Plus the place had no central heating, and we were freezing our pants off - so much so that I had to put my big coat on throughout my dining experience, which made eating very uncomfortable! All in all, we were not happy with this restaurant and would not recommend it. I kind of ruined my Valentine's Day celebration.

1  Thank Sanders3
Reviewed January 30, 2014

The manager treated me as though I were Barack Obama or a rock star. I was just a funky middleaged man, not dressed very well, who showed up unannounced. (Warning: They provide no way to make a reservation by phone; you HAVE to have internet access or else show up in person. Please change this, Blossom!)

The restaurant appeared to be full to overflowing. Like I said, I had no reservation. But the manager jumped as though I were the President, and found me a table. His behavior reminded me Hebrews 13:2: "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." Maybe he thought I was undercover.

The next evening, I again showed up unannounced, with a date this time, and the manager jumped to serve us as though we were Barack and Michelle.

The first night, 2013-12-21 Saturday, when I was there alone, Summer "tap shoes and a dream" B took good care of me. She was busy but after it slowed down a bit she engaged me in conversation. When you're sitting all alone, reading the Iliad, it feels real good when a lovely waitress asks you what you're reading.

The next evening, a young man with red hair and overhanging brows waited on us. He meant well, but he clearly had yet taken his method acting courses. He removed my date's empty wine glass as though it were an object on the assembly line in Charlie Chaplin's "Modern Times."

I like to eat dead animals, but nevertheless I enjoyed the vegan meals at Blossom. For instance, the vegan flan, or crème brûlée, was very good.