“Great food but the music is way too loud”
Review of Baekjeong NYC

Baekjeong NYC
Ranked #545 of 16,706 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed August 17, 2019

We went for a a friends' dinner yesterday to Baekjeong. You cannot make reservations, but the wait was shorter than we thought. We got the summer special and a kimchi pancake. The food was absolutely amazing. The music blasts very loudly and you cannot really hear each other. I recommend it for the food, but not if you want conversation. The service is not on the attentive side of things.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank tgalis
Write a reviewReviews (245)

Reviewed August 16, 2019

This was my first Korean BBQ restaurant, same for the folks I was with. Luckily, our server and her team figured this out quickly and became very attentive and made sure to explain everything. The concept itself was a really neat experience. The food was very good and there was plenty of it!! Pricing was a little on the high side- but I suppose it is on par with NYC. Seating was also slightly uniqure in that you sit on smaller chairs lower to the ground which could make things tough for some.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed August 12, 2019

It was my first time at Korean BBQ and what a great experience! Everything was delicious and the wait staff always seemed to be nearby when needed. Fortunately, we had a reservation. There was a line when we arrived and when we left. The only negative was that the music was a little loud and it was difficult to have a conversation.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed June 21, 2019

I went to New York for a week and a friend of mine recommended this place. Honestly, this meat here is great! Also when it comes to Kbbq and the fact that you have to cook the meat yourself, sometimes I can get distracted and end up overcooking my meat but not here! The waiter mostly cooks for you! On top of that, they have these wells on the side that have egg cooking on one side and corn with cheese on the other. It's too good! My friends and I ordered the Large Beef Combo and I gotta say the marinated short rib blew me away.

Word of caution though, they get pretty busy so you might have to wait for a while to get a seat if you didn't make reservations. One upside to this, however, is that they have an online waitlist through Yelp or tablet at the entrance of the restaurant. This way they'll text you when your table is being cleaned! Very convenient in my opinion.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 17, 2019

I have been meaning to try this place. The line up can get long, but I got lucky. I tried their signature barbecue with two kinds of beef and one cut of pork. The server cooked the meats for us. Their service was efficient and the food was tasty. The only minor complaint is that the music was rather loud.

Date of visit: June 2019