“Korean with a pricetag!”
Review of Baekjeong NYC

Baekjeong NYC
Ranked #545 of 16,706 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed December 9, 2016

To avoid the wait, we ventured for reservations and a private dining room for about $85 per person. To not have to wait, the price is well worth it. For the amount of meat that you receive for the amount of money per person, that is another story. I usually do not like to write negative reviews. If I don't have anything good to say, I usually ignore it. There are positives. The meat is tasty. The environment is lively. They serve you these "box rice" dishes that are unique to me which was tasty. If you are looking for Korean, this should be on your list to consider, but I am just basing some of my comments on the quantity of meat based on the price that we pay, it may be lacking a little bit. Otherwise, it is a place that you should try. Possibly do a la carte.

Date of visit: November 2016
Write a reviewReviews (233)

Reviewed December 8, 2016

OK -- I admit it. I'd never tried Korean BBQ before, though I'd looked through a few windows and saw the table-top grills. What a delicious adventure -- staff that welcomes you and treats you like family. (The branch of the family that need coaching on how to work through the twenty dishes that get presented during the meal.) We spent a lot of time smiling, a lot of time asking questions, and a whole lot of time eating - wonderful!

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed December 4, 2016

Had marinated/ non marinated beef and pork. Dinner for 4 ran near $170 before tip but it was well worth it for indulging yourself in Korean BBQ galore?

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed November 28, 2016 via mobile

First time at a Korean BBQ, we got there about 9pm. They had a table upstairs. Staff is all very friendly and helpful if you're new to the Korean BBQ game. This place was awesome. Small beef combo. Plenty of food for the two of us. Quality cuts of meat, we walked out stuffed.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed November 28, 2016

ok you walk in and a staff member yells something in Korean and then the whole staff yells back - I just recently realized that they're greeting you!

You sit down and your table has a bunch of dishes on it - these are sides / appetizers and they are free - if you run out of something they will bring you more. On the hot plate in front of you they will cook cheesy corn and egg omelet - this will cook and it's delicious. This is also free.

For meat we got the marinated meat - I think a prime rib of some kind. They come put the meat on the stove, come to turn it and come to cut it - it's right in front of you but you don't have to work.

Seriously check this place out

Date of visit: October 2016