“that was fun and deliciously different!”

Kang Ho Dong Baekjeong
Ranked #366 of 14,593 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed December 8, 2016

OK -- I admit it. I'd never tried Korean BBQ before, though I'd looked through a few windows and saw the table-top grills. What a delicious adventure -- staff that welcomes you and treats you like family. (The branch of the family that need coaching on how to work through the twenty dishes that get presented during the meal.) We spent a lot of time smiling, a lot of time asking questions, and a whole lot of time eating - wonderful!

Reviewed December 4, 2016

Had marinated/ non marinated beef and pork. Dinner for 4 ran near $170 before tip but it was well worth it for indulging yourself in Korean BBQ galore?

Reviewed November 28, 2016 via mobile

First time at a Korean BBQ, we got there about 9pm. They had a table upstairs. Staff is all very friendly and helpful if you're new to the Korean BBQ game. This place was awesome. Small beef combo. Plenty of food for the two of us. Quality cuts of meat, we walked out stuffed.

Reviewed November 28, 2016

ok you walk in and a staff member yells something in Korean and then the whole staff yells back - I just recently realized that they're greeting you!

You sit down and your table has a bunch of dishes on it - these are sides / appetizers and they are free - if you run out of something they will bring you more. On the hot plate in front of you they will cook cheesy corn and egg omelet - this will cook and it's delicious. This is also free.

For meat we got the marinated meat - I think a prime rib of some kind. They come put the meat on the stove, come to turn it and come to cut it - it's right in front of you but you don't have to work.

Seriously check this place out

Reviewed November 23, 2016 via mobile

I visited based on recommendation from a friend. This was easy to find and in what I believe to be Korea town.

The restaurant is popular but as we went slightly later we had no issue getting seated.

We were two diners and decided to go for the beef combo.

This is A LOT of food. The sides are plentiful and they keep getting you more if they see you have finished.

It's not cheap but the meat quality is excellent and you get huge portions. After that we didn't need to eat for the rest of the day so I could say it was good value for money!