“Go See The Touring Show Instead!”
Review of The Lion King

and up
The Lion King On Broadway
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience the stunning artistry, the unforgettable music and the exhilarating choreography of this musical theater phenomenon-one of the most awe-inspiring productions ever brought to life on stage. A remarkable tale of hope and adventure, THE LION KING has found its way into the hearts of millions. As The New York Times says, "There is simply nothing else like it." Now is the time to join the circle of life at THE LION KING, The Award-Winning Best Musical, playing on Broadway eight times a week at the Minskoff Theatre. The show running time is 2 hours 30 minutes. Performance times vary by season, please visit our website for current performance dates and times.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This was my seventh time seeing the Lion King but my first time seeing it on Broadway. I saw the US touring show 5 times and I saw it once in Toronto. In today's performance, the part of Rafiki was filled by an understudy and she could not sing. I'm not kidding. My husband has only seen the show once before, and he thought it was some kind of joke when the opening of the Lion King on Broadway started with this screechy Rafiki. The other performers were all very good, but certainly no better than the touring performers. Overall I would simply say that I was underwhelmed and disappointed. Considering the high price we paid for tickets to see it on Broadway, we expected to be blown away. Save yourself a lot of money and go see the tour when it comes to a city near you.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We loved the show, and it's one of the few that I would even consider seeing again. Minskoff theater is great. Row N seats were perfect. Kids 7 and 9 really enjoyed as well.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

If you can afford tickets to a Broadway show and have kids, this is a great one to see. MUST like animals! Great costumes, remarkable sets, outstanding talent & voices working this TOP RATED show. Even the cheap seats are great. No need to get the best seats.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were amazed by it all: the costumes, the talented actors, the elaborate scenes, and the music. Our youngest two children (ages 7 and 9) loved it as much as the rest of the Family. It was an AWESOME show!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Just go for it! From the first to the last second it is a spectacular. The actors the scene, the costumes, the music the theater!. My kids and us were very thankful we have been there.