“Spectacular!”

and up
The Lion King On Broadway
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience the stunning artistry, the unforgettable music and the exhilarating choreography of this musical theater phenomenon-one of the most awe-inspiring productions ever brought to life on stage. A remarkable tale of hope and adventure, THE LION KING has found its way into the hearts of millions. As The New York Times says, "There is simply nothing else like it." Now is the time to join the circle of life at THE LION KING, The Award-Winning Best Musical, playing on Broadway eight times a week at the Minskoff Theatre. The show running time is 2 hours 30 minutes. Performance times vary by season, please visit our website for current performance dates and times.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed June 16, 2013

4 point review:
- I went with very high hopes and wasnt dissapointed! The show runs for about 2 hours and it really is a treat for all the senses
-The music, performers, pace of the story and the sets are the best I've seen!
- The theater is fairly large, but still gives good views wherever you are seated. I would suggest trying to get center Mezzanine seats for the best value
-There is a strict no camera policy once the show starts, i think this is a great way to make sure you arent blinded and also to ensure you are focused on the show and not on camera angles!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I had seen Lion King a number of years ago. We had front, center, orchestra seats. The colors, costumes, cast and especially the "puppets" were beautiful and joyous. However somewhere toward the middle of the play we became a little bored. The second time my husband had business meetings so my 10 year old grandson and I were on our own. This time our seats were in the center of the next to last row in the mezzanine. What a difference the seats made. We could see the entire stage and all the action all the time. It made the show more exciting. If Lion King is THE SHOW you want to see, I agree with Steph C's suggestion that tickets be bought before you arrive in NY. Every seat was filled. Lots of kids some as young as 3. It was a great audience and that added to the excitement and magic .

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Brilliant, loved the costumes!! Theatre staff very helpful in that we had purchased our tickets earlier in the week and had placed them in a safe place which were unable to locate on the night. Staff checked our purchase and gave us "lost ticket" voucher so that we were still able to see the show. A most enjoyable night and well worth a visit.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I'd give it an excellent of it wasn't so expensive. The play is visually stunning and offers a lot of entertainment. Story is old and over told but the sets and costumes keep your attention. If you have kids, they will love it.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great experience. The characters were amazing and the show was amazing. The songs were great and true to the original movie.