“What a Spectacle!”

and up
The Lion King On Broadway
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience the stunning artistry, the unforgettable music and the exhilarating choreography of this musical theater phenomenon-one of the most awe-inspiring productions ever brought to life on stage. A remarkable tale of hope and adventure, THE LION KING has found its way into the hearts of millions. As The New York Times says, "There is simply nothing else like it." Now is the time to join the circle of life at THE LION KING, The Award-Winning Best Musical, playing on Broadway eight times a week at the Minskoff Theatre. The show running time is 2 hours 30 minutes. Performance times vary by season, please visit our website for current performance dates and times.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We booked before we went to New York and our tickets were ready for collection before the show. The show was everything ... And more than we expected! Such artistry and colour; the whole performance was dazzling!

1  Thank DevonCountryBumkins
There are newer reviews for The Lion King

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Lion King is such an awesome show, from start to finish; the costumes, the music, awe-inspiring! The ONLY problem I have, which is actually incidental, is that I saw it the first time "on Broadway" and the second time, off-Broadway. (To be honest I'm not sure if my terminology or even my description is quite right.) I just know the first time I saw it I was blown away. The second time, my husband''s first in NYC, we saw it at the Minskoff and the setting made a difference to me, it lost some of it's magic. Having said that I would definitely recommend it for young and old alike! I don't believe you'll be disappointed! (BTW, we went a couple of years ago but I don't have the option of choosing when we went, have to pick from Trip Advisor's drop down list in order to submit my review.)

1  Thank SuzieSparkles
Reviewed April 19, 2013

It was simply breathtaking - front row balcony seats for a wedding present - will remember forever x

1  Thank Bexy43
Reviewed April 19, 2013

OK, I was crying from the first note! Great music, beautiful! The staging was amazing, the acting good, but the South African type harmonies was so moving. The woman playing Rafiki was incredible, as was Mufasa. See it, worth the price!

1  Thank eddi s
Reviewed April 19, 2013

It was well worth the very high cost to see my grandchildren's faces when they experienced Lion King, their first broadway show. The performers and costumes were spectacular. We purchased our tickets 6 months in advance and selected mezzanine seats that were located 4 by themselves at the corner of the stage. The seats were perfect with no obstructions and my granddaughter was given 2 cushions to boost her height even further.

2  Thank stlretirees