“Passion is what you see here!”
Review of The Lion King

The Lion King
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
The Lion King On Broadway
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience the stunning artistry, the unforgettable music and the exhilarating choreography of this musical theater phenomenon-one of the most awe-inspiring productions ever brought to life on stage. A remarkable tale of hope and adventure, THE LION KING has found its way into the hearts of millions. As The New York Times says, "There is simply nothing else like it." Now is the time to join the circle of life at THE LION KING, The Award-Winning Best Musical, playing on Broadway eight times a week at the Minskoff Theatre. The show running time is 2 hours 30 minutes. Performance times vary by season, please visit our website for current performance dates and times.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children
Reviewed November 15, 2012

At last I discovered why the best shows are in Broadway.
I went with my lay to see Lion King in the Minskoff. when we were buying the tix I was like OMG it's so expensive, but after the show I was amazed that I couldn't think again in the price.

We purchased orchestra tix just in the middle front of the scenario, excellent location as everything is full of surprises.

I would like to tell you what kind of surprises but that would be a spoiler, I rather choose you discover why I was so happy after the show.

Souvenirs are awesome you can't leave the theatre without a bath towel or a tshirt, there are lots of goods top quality and with reasonable prices.

I'm here just to confirm best shows are in Broadway and with The Lion King you'll never go wrong.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,647)
All reviews
in 381 reviews
in 400 reviews
in 98 reviews

Reviewed November 14, 2012

When we booked our holiday to New York, my mum, sister and I all decided we had to see a show on Broadway. We could have chanced it and tried to buy a discounted ticket at times square ticket booth but we didn't want to risk it...and in the end we didn't see any for sale on the weekend we were there it is that popular! The Minskoff Theatre is lovely, it is really central to Times Square and not too overwhelming in size. There was nice memorabilia for sale which I didn't buy but I think if you buy a drink at the bar you get it in a Lion King Juice Holder you can take home and I wish I had done that! The show itself was sensational. I don't have one negative comment for it and it totally lived up to my expectations. I love the film and had really high hopes for the show. As soon as it started I wanted to cry! I felt really emotional especially when the animals came on and the musicians and performers were all wonderful. There were nice moments of humour included as well and a couple of new songs added but it pretty much sticks to the original film. I just loved zazu, he was fantastic! There are billboards all over NY advertising this and I have to say it is one of the best things I have ever seen! Totally worth the money, we sat up at the back and the view was fantastic so don't worry if you don't want to buy a ticket for $170, ours were around $90 each and well worth every penny.

2  Thank V87
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We did a lunch performance to save our evening for other things. well worth the ticker price and the animals were so life like. Tip watch out behind you!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

The costuming is amazing, and the music contained some songs from the movie and some great new tunes. A classic.