“Great Indian Food”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 2nd & 3rd Ave
Transit: 4,5,6,N,R,W train @ 59th/Lexington
Description: Owners Kedar Shah and Hritu Deepak have teamed up with Master Chef Dhandu Ram of the highly acclaimed restaurant “Bukhara” at the Maurya Sheraton in New Delhi, India to bring you the world famous Kebabs and Slow-Cooked dishes native to India’s frontiers. The restaurant is a tribute to India’s Open Fire Cooking where Chef Ram takes his patrons on a savory culinary tour of India that features specialties of his homeland bordering Afghanistan and Kashmir. Yes, the food is traditional frontier fare presented with New York flair, but the atmosphere is as far from the rugged rough and tough northwest frontier province as you can get!
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We have spent a lot of time in the UK where curry is the number one spice. We have found it really difficult to find great curry food where we currently live and were thrilled when we ate at this restaurant. The food was excellent, service was fantastic and we didn't find the prices too bad at all. We would go back in a second.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

i liked the atmosphere, and the Kingfisher beer was chilled to perfection. the food was fine, as was the service, but neither was outstanding. i was hoping for something that would separate yuva from the other indian restaurants on the street, but didn't find it

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Loved everything about it. Would definitely go back again. The restaurant was romantic and the food was exceptional. The service was excellent as well.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Went to check out this restaurant during restaurant week. Food was average and nothing to rave about.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

While my friend was here on vacation, I suggested restaurant week to him and he chose this restaurant because he wanted Indian food so I made reservations here.

We had dinner here on a Wednesday and my friend and boyfriend chose from the prix fixe menu. They liked their appetizers and desserts.
Both of them ordered a lamb dish for their entrees. When I tried my boyfriend's lamb dish, the piece I got was chewy versus my friend's lamb dish was tender, which is what I'm more used in regards to how lamb is cooked.
I'm not sure if it's the piece I ate or the overall dish my boyfriend had was not cooked as well, but that would probably be my only complain food wise.

I ordered the seafood biryani and loved it.

As for the service, it seemed like the two or three people waiting on everyone in general were a bit confused.
Since I was the only one who didn't order from the prix fixe menu, I asked for the dessert menu and ordered, but when my dessert came out, my friend's and boyfriend's desserts did not arrive.
We had to remind them of what desserts they ordered from the prix fixe menu.

Also, my friend's diet soda was refilled a few times, but later they actually took the drink away (my friend thinking they were going to refill it again) altogether and did not give him water, so I'm not sure what happened there.
They were really nice but just confused I think...