“Disappointing”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 2nd & 3rd Ave
Transit: 4,5,6,N,R,W train @ 59th/Lexington
Description: Owners Kedar Shah and Hritu Deepak have teamed up with Master Chef Dhandu Ram of the highly acclaimed restaurant “Bukhara” at the Maurya Sheraton in New Delhi, India to bring you the world famous Kebabs and Slow-Cooked dishes native to India’s frontiers. The restaurant is a tribute to India’s Open Fire Cooking where Chef Ram takes his patrons on a savory culinary tour of India that features specialties of his homeland bordering Afghanistan and Kashmir. Yes, the food is traditional frontier fare presented with New York flair, but the atmosphere is as far from the rugged rough and tough northwest frontier province as you can get! For a reveiw of this restaurant CLICK HERE
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Went to check out this restaurant during restaurant week. Food was average and nothing to rave about.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

While my friend was here on vacation, I suggested restaurant week to him and he chose this restaurant because he wanted Indian food so I made reservations here.

We had dinner here on a Wednesday and my friend and boyfriend chose from the prix fixe menu. They liked their appetizers and desserts.
Both of them ordered a lamb dish for their entrees. When I tried my boyfriend's lamb dish, the piece I got was chewy versus my friend's lamb dish was tender, which is what I'm more used in regards to how lamb is cooked.
I'm not sure if it's the piece I ate or the overall dish my boyfriend had was not cooked as well, but that would probably be my only complain food wise.

I ordered the seafood biryani and loved it.

As for the service, it seemed like the two or three people waiting on everyone in general were a bit confused.
Since I was the only one who didn't order from the prix fixe menu, I asked for the dessert menu and ordered, but when my dessert came out, my friend's and boyfriend's desserts did not arrive.
We had to remind them of what desserts they ordered from the prix fixe menu.

Also, my friend's diet soda was refilled a few times, but later they actually took the drink away (my friend thinking they were going to refill it again) altogether and did not give him water, so I'm not sure what happened there.
They were really nice but just confused I think...

Reviewed January 31, 2012

We went here for the lunch buffet. I prefer the buffet at Indian places because it's cheaper and you can sample more than two dishes at your table.

They had quite the selection, suitable for vegetarians and meat eaters alike.

Good service, nice decor, etc made this an overall nice place to eat.

Reviewed December 30, 2011

The Khasta Kachauri appetizer is a winner. The Lamb Pasanda and mashed eggplant mains were supurb. The cucumber riata and onion naan accompaniments were also wonderful. The Taj beer in a large bottle was great to share for two of us. The rice pudding for dessert was a great way to end the meal. The only negative is that they charge separately for each cup of coffee (no free refills).

Reviewed December 6, 2011

I visited Yuva for lunch with my family.
Lunch was offering a quite wide buffet at a surprisingly low price; this encouraged many business men to visit the restaurant and take-away their lunch box.
We tested almost all the proposed foods, enjoying the typical taste of Indian spicy chicken and other meat, fish and vegetarian specialties.
The service personnel was looking quite sad, and there was not so much availability, quite unusual for Indian restaurants, where, as per my experience, I always found kindness, smiles and warm welcomes.
The ambient is quite standard, not so beautiful.
Despite this, I recommend this restaurant keeping in mind the good quality food.