“We keep going back.”
Review of Nomad

Nomad
Reserve with OpenTable
Nomad is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,150 of 13,630 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Moroccan, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East Village
Cross street: Between 4th and 5th Streets
Transit: F & V train to 2nd Avenue/Lower East Side. R, N & W train to 8th Street NYU. L Train to 1st Avenue & 14th Street. 6 train to Astor Place. M15 Downtown Local Bus to 6th Street & 2nd Avenue. M15 Uptown Local Bus to 6th Street & 1st Avenue.
New York
“We keep going back.”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The food is delicious, the service excellent (the young waiters are eager to explain and answer menu questions), great variety--and a small outside seating area. We have found it occasionally noisy (a bit), but the food is uniformly terrific. Shrimp/hummus/salad/meatballs/--you name it--it's all terrific. We have always been quickly seated, although the place can become crowded. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2013

“Great place.”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I found it on trip adviser. We ate everything we ordered. Food was tasty and enough to fulfill our hunger. Recommend it.

• Visited July 2013
Singapore
“algerian wine!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

and other surprise..the presentation leaves much to be desired but the taste more than compensates. Very friendly service on the eve of a holiday...

Visited July 2013
South Jersey
“Great meal, great price, great time!!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I came to NYC for my sister's bachorette party. I was in charge of all the details. After extensively researching restaurants on trip advisor because we are not from the area, I had given up! I could not find a restaurant that suited everyone's budget and near our hotel. My sister mentioned a daily email she receives from a celebrity and I decided to look into those recomensed restaurants. When I can across Nomad it fit the bill! It was pretty close to our hotel, we could share our meals, and the drinks were super reasonable.

First, the restaurant is not part of the NoMad hotel, that's another restaurant. So when you read the reciews, make sure you are reading the correct reciews. When we arrived we waited for the rest of our party and had a drink at the bar. When our party arrived they sat us at a semi-private table, which was great. There was seven of us total so it was great to be by ourselves.

For the drinks, we ordered a bottle of wine and a bottle of prosecco. As soon as our glass was empty, the waitress re-filled it. For the food we ordered the margarita pizza, the flat bread with raisins and goat cheese, nomad trio dip, duck pastilla, something wrapped in grape leaves (I can't remember the name of the dish) and the sea food couscous. I have never had anything like the duck pastilla and ended up ordering a second dish of it! By far one of the best things I have ever eaten.

The bill was extremely reasonable. For those of us who shared bottles, our total was $40. I don't think you can beat that price for a good meal in NYC.

If I return to NYC I will be coming back to this restaurant. I know there are thousands of other restaurants but Nomad was amazing from start to finish! Thank you to our waitress who recommended great dishes and even where to go out after.

• Visited June 2013
ca
“Great staff, cool room, amazing chicken”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

1030pm after luck guy show. Very busy, we arrived at 11pm and waited 5 min for a table . Our table was in one of the side rooms, quiet and comfortable. You do feel like your missing the scene if you don't sit in main room....it's a matter of choice.
Met sabra the sommelier and she delivered a fantastic 99 roumier wine.
Chicken was a 10/11
King crab pasta 7/10. Good but not a must have
Bread very tasty but didn't compliment the wine. Comes out warm
On a wood platter with nice knife. Sort of steakhouse style
Dessert deconstructed carrot cake 6/10. A bit sweet
Sat in the library room after dinner. If available it's a nic way to end your visit .

• Visited June 2013