“Terrific Food - and plenty of it!”
Review of Hummus Place - CLOSED

Hummus Place
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: East Village
West Orange, New Jersey
“Terrific Food - and plenty of it!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I'll admit it... I'm not vegan or vegetarian. So when my sister-in-law picked this place for a family meal to celebrate an engagement in the family, my husband and I went, but we went kicking and screaming. We had no idea what we'd be able to eat there, much less what our daughter was going to eat.

Well.... it was delicious!!! When you order one of their breakfasts, it's a huge plate filled with eggs, home fries, salad, hummus, etc. But it's a huge plate. Their falafel is delicious. The roasted eggplant wasn't what I expected. I thought it would be an eggplant salad, but instead it was this very unattractive roasted big piece of eggplant in tahini. But you know what? It was great!

There's plenty of hummus in all different flavors, but their health salad with feta is also delicious and if you're thirsty, try their unsweetened ice tea - really terrific.

• Visited October 2013

Montclair, New Jersey
“Brunch special...yummmmm”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I came here and got the brunch special- coffee, fresh squeezed juice, hummus, pita, salad, poached eggs on eggplant (called something). All was sooo good! Best breakfast ever!

• Visited July 2013
“THE best Mediterranean I have had”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough about this place! Every time my family comes to New York we make sure we make it here. Food is phenomenal, atmosphere is great, and service is excellent. Must come to if you like hummus or Mediterranean cuisine

• Visited June 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Fantastic food. Good selection and great prices.

For about $30 we got a huge table full of pitta's and hummus' and dip and vegetables etc etc!

We also had 2 beers and a slice of carrot cake after (don't know how we fit it in, we were so full from the main, but it was SO worth it!)

Don't order extra pitta, they bring it to you anyway! Save yourself a dollar or two.

Oh, bonus, Alan Cumming was sitting at the table behind us! Clearly popular with the locals as well then.

Not everything is vegan but everything is vegetarian. Vegan items are clearly marked in the menu.

Only criticism and why they didn't get 5 stars is the service. The waitress was a little short with us when we arrived and we felt like an inconvenience, however her attitude shifted later and she was a bit nicer!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sairaanhoitaja
“Really Fresh, well prepared and cheap place on St. Marks”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Had a late lunch during the week and it was wonderful. The portions were generous and filling. We ordered the Hummus platter and the Feta salad which at lunch comes with 2 sides. WE chose falafel and tzaziki and we could have been satisfied with just the hummus. Comes with pita chips but we ate the delicious whole wheat warm pita which was filling and delicious. The entire meal was 25.00 with tip. We could have taken the leftover with us but weren't heading home. WIll definately go back.

• Visited June 2013