“One of the best cookies I've ever eaten!”
Review of Levain Bakery

Levain Bakery
Ranked #2 of 432 Dessert in New York City
Cuisines: Indian, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Description: Nestled in New York City's Upper West Side, Levain headquarters is a cozy neighborhood bakery where locals are greeted by name. A steady stream of loyal regulars stand side by side with tourists, eager to sample the legendary baked goods. From an inventive array of rustic breads to the world-famous six-ounce chocolate chip walnut cookie, everything is baked on-site, fresh every day from the finest natural ingredients. What doesn't sell that day goes to help feed the hungry-a mission that has been solidly in place since the beginning. The bakery was founded in 1994 by friends Connie McDonald and Pam Weekes. At the time, Connie was in banking and Pam in Fashion. The two, both competitive swimmers, trained together for the Ironman and-not surprisingly, as their tireless workouts left them feeling starved for great food- they began a passionate dialog about creating the world's greatest chocolate chip cookie. Within just a few years, Levain Bakery had become a neighborhood institution and a destination for epicurious travelers from around the world. Demand continued to grow. In 2000, to satisfy their regular clientele summering in the Hamptons, the two opened a second bakery in the village of Wainscott on Long Island's East End. And today, through their website, they now ship their world-famous cookies to happy fans around the globe.
“One of the best cookies I've ever eaten!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

If you are a cookie person, these cookies are really great. I guess I'm not huge cookie person, but I can see how others would love them. Soft inside, melt in your mouth, delicious. We went there for my son who loves sweets. Walk 2 (long) blocks East of Central Park on 74th. There was a long line at 4pm or so on a Sunday, and some of the cookies were already sold out. Another disappointment was they were out of milk- and the cookies are so rich, you have to have milk! PS- cookies were $4 each. All in all, if you love cookies, it's worth seeking it out.

• Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
“Scone or cookie... It doesn't matter because it's that good!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We bought two cookies - oatmeal raisin and the chocolate chip walnut. They were huge and we had to save half of each for later. I personally liked them cooked down - ours were overnight. They were big and delicious. When hot, it felt like a fresh scone (chocolate oozing out) and when overnight it tasted like a cookie (crunchy outside, cookie dough inside). So good. I just wished we had an opportunity to go get some more. Definitely go when visiting the natural history museum. We brought it in as a mid day snack there - perfect!

bourbonnais, IL
“Best cookie ever!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

I read about Levain Bakery on Tripadvisor and had to pay them a visit to see what all of the fuss was about. I am so glad I did! The bakery is small and if you blink you might miss it. There wasn't a line when I went on a weekday morning at about 10 am and as previous posters stated not too many people can fit inside at one time. My son and I ordered a double chocolate chip cookie and my husband got a chocolate with walnut and we were equally amazed at how delicious they were. The cookies were huge and decadent and worth every penny.

Visited July 2014
Mexico City, Mexico
“Best cookie in the world ”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I've try many cookies around the world but nothing like this one . It melts in your mouth , one downside is that you have to eat them fresh
SUPERB !!!!!!!!

1 Thank monyh
Bath, United Kingdom
“Working basement bakery with delicious food”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I took the children here today as it is v highly rated on Trip Advisor. It is not a restaurant it is a working bakery in a basement and, as other reviewers have said, nowhere to sit so not a destination as such. We bought huge warm slices of divine banana and chocolate loaf for $3 each and ate them on the Ross Terrace at the AMNH watching the fountains. Perfect.

• Visited August 2014