“Authentic Italian”

Neighborhood: East Village
Scottsville, Kentucky
“Authentic Italian”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

On a recommendation from the owner of Veniero's, we ate here for dinner. We ordered an 18 inch pizza thinking we would take some back to the hotel. The pizza was delicious and before we knew it my husband and I had finished the entire thing. The crust was so thin you could just roll it up and eat it NY style. Off the beaten path, but worth your time to get there.

Visited December 2012

New York City, New York
“NYer Loves the Pizza”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Have lived in NYC for 3 decades. Never tried Luzzo, until last week. Worth the visit. We stuck to the pizza, so not sure about any of the other food. Pizza was excellent. Priced a little high, but you could tell the ingredients were top quality. So worth the visit.

• Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Great but-becoming-touristy pizza joint”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Nice hidden gem! Generous toppings and delicious pie but stay away from the house sangria, totally tasteless.

Visited May 2012
key biscayne, Fl
“Excellent true italian pizza!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Delicious, charming italian restaurant! Definitely recommend and will be back on every visit to nyc. Very difficult to find a pizza, even in this city, that is really comparable to those in Italy.

California
“YES!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Awww Luzzo's... How you've put so many a pizza I've eaten after finding you to shame.

True, I am a sprout-eating, soda-can recycling Californian; however I do know GREAT pizza when I have some!

California doesn't have great pizza places like Luzzos, so it's a sad realization I had when I realized I have to travel all the way to New York to have pizza like this ever again.

Go to Luzzo's. JUST GO. They had me at their fresh mozzarella. I knew there was something special about the pizza when I ate it cold the next day and enjoyed it as much as when it came pipping hot out of the oven.

• Visited April 2012