“Finally....found that perfect slice again!”

Patzeria Perfect Pizza
Ranked #178 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed June 25, 2014

After having grown up in NYC for 18 years, then moving away almost 40 years ago, I've been searching for and craving to enjoy that perfect NYC-style slice of pizza. You know the slice with just the right combination of sauce and cheese, just the right amount of oil dripping from it and the crust with just the right thinness to it that allows you to fold it in half and eat. I finally found it today BY ACCIDENT while we were waiting in line to go see the play Motown The Musical (which, by the way, was one of the best plays I've ever seen!). We grabbed a couple of slices to hold us over until after the play and OMG!! It was perfect. Not a fancy place. Minimal room to sit inside. Nonetheless, we ordered our slices and ate them while we were standing in line. Outstanding! It was a great opening act for one of the best plays I've ever seen....oh, did I mention that already :). If you're in Times Square/Theater district area, make a point to go there and grab a slice. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank PBPhilly

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Just been. Don't know why there is only one other review as more people should go there. Just west of Broadway so a minute from all the hullabaloo and touristy prices.
The really good thing is that the waiters all seem to be enjoying themselves and their enthusiasm is infectious.
The wine list is pretty small but with simple, home cooked, well prepared pasta, who needs a huge wine selection? The menu was also simple but extensive and offered lots of choices.
I had a simple spaghetti bolognese and my wife had the veal. Big portions (what else in America) but really well done and very tasty.
Would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Grabbed a quick slice of white pizza before I caught my bus out of NYC! Quick service and awesome pizza! It's a very small place without much room to move around...but that's part of NYC and don't complain! You won't once you taste the pizza :)

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stopped in here for a quick bite a few weeks ago while in NYC. This is a small pizza shop, not really a restaurant. Nothing more than a glass case where the pizza(s) are displayed and a few high stools along the adjacent wall to sit and eat. I had a slice with pepperoni and had no problem with it. The crust was crisp, had enough "pep"-so you got some with every bite, sauce was not "pasty", too sweet or over-powering and it was not greasy. Much better than the .99 cent slice shops that have been popping up or Ray's/Sbarro, etc. A good place to get a quick bite, especially if you're as tired of chain-food as I am.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

As lifelong New Yorkers we were surprised to find this restaurant, which we had never heard of, was so highly rated, and right near the Broadway theater where we were going to see Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder (also highly recommended).

The reviews have it right. We have many upscale beautiful Italian restaurants in this city of foodies, but none that are so unpretentious, friendly, reasonable and delicious! It is almost like a mirage, especially in the tourist-laden Times Square neighborhood.

We had a personal pizza to share and it was tangy and delicious - not salty like so many others. The chicken parmesan was yummy and plentiful, again with a homemade tangy tomato sauce and real mozzarella cheese. Rather than pasta, we paired it with wonderfully seasoned and crunchy vegetables. The broccoli, zucchini, and new potatoes were buttery and not overcooked.

Only the Linguine and White Clam Sauce and complimentary garlic bread fell below five stars. There were 10 clams of various sizes and differing taste levels. Some definitely were not as sweet or clean as I'd like. The amount of garlic was just right and the pasta was al dente. The garlic bread was overdone and dry for my taste. A refill is not complimentary, not even for plain bread. The house wines (pinot noir and pinot grigio) were drinkable and affordable at $7 for a generous glass and paired nicely with the meal.

Service was excellent and unlike some reviews, we did not find the place noisy at all. It was a congenial place filled with both locals and tourists and we will definitely be back to try the rest of the menu!

A hidden gem in the theater district.