“Sorry to see you go”

Ranked #2,524 of 14,285 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Kashkaval has always been our "go to restaurant" for lunch or dinner when seeing a show on Broadway. Large tasty portions of Mediterranean Cuisine with a good wine list. Love their samplers and kebobs! Unfortunately, after a long battle with their landlords Kashkaval closed this past weekend. We are hoping you find a new location ASAP and share it with all your loyal patrons!

Reviewed May 21, 2014

We had a sampler of the appetizer and Greek fare, both were very good. Serving was large and ordering a sampler of both was way too much for 2 people. Wine was decent, but the service left very much to be desired. At the end I had to go ask where my waiter was to discover that he was sitting at the bar flirting with 2 girls. No apology, and after he brought my check he was back to flirting. There are too many other great places in NYC to ask for a second chance...

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband want k-bobs so I found this restaurant on Yelp. No reservations for a party less than 6 and very surprised to find how small this restaurant was, we were lucky to get seats at the back bar facing frosted glass on the other side of the kitchen. Service was good. All the food was really good. Domades, hummus, Tzatziki, Babaganoush with Pita bread for appetizers. I had arugula and mint salad with a shrimp k-bob. The shrimp was so good. It has been so long since a had large grilled shrimp. Cooked perfectly. My husband and daughter had steak, chicken and shrimp kabobs with Coucous and little feta and tomato salad. Skipped on dessert. Along with a couple of beers and soda. This place was easy on the wallet. I would definitely go here again!
And I recommend this place!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stopped here for a quick lunch prior to a show on Broadway this past weekend. My wife and I were in the mood for vegetables and had 2 friends along for the ride so we shared about 8-10 veggie dishes and a cheese/meat plate. So much for a lite bite! The spreads/salads/veggies were great. The cheese and chorizo/salumi plate was excellent as well. This place is a cheese shop which has a few tables in the back. Service was just ok- i.e. slow, but friendly and helpful. In fairness to the waitress the salad plates have to be assembled and it was pretty busy. This is a great place. I would definitely go here again.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Quaint spot. Very small. Nice atmosphere. Good selection of wine. Food was ok. The service was terrible. I asked our server about the portion sizes, she wasn't really able to answer. She brought our food & never came back. We would have had another glass of wine, maybe more food. We went to the bar to pay. The guy said our server finished her shift & went home. I explained that she didn't tell us & no one came by to check on us. He said well I didn't see you ask for anything. Seems the service is an overall issue here.