1,286 results
All reviewsexercise equipmentyoga matpenn stationping pong tablecork floorsgreat hotelmadison square gardentimes squarenew yorkwell equipped gymfiltered waterbody washsliding doorfitness centerwould definitely stay here againmodern hotelcommon areas
Reviewed December 9, 2017

Very near Madison Square Gardens. 10 minute walk to Times Square. Metro only 1 min walk which can take you everywhere else in New York. Penn Station 5 min walk.
The rooms were superb, clean and the double shower was lovely with a selection of shower gel, she,poo & conditioner. Also had hair dryer & coffee machine. If you are interested in staying fit, also had an exercise ball & various other keep fit equipment. Also had mood lighting and a mini fridge.

Room Tip: We were on the 22nd floor. Water machines were on 5th, 10th, 15th & 20th floors
Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sungym
Dieter S, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2018

sungym,

Thank you for your excellent rating and for being our valued guest! As you mention we are steps away from MSG, Times Square, Broadway, Penn Station, the High Line and much more. We are here to ensure you leave our groundbreaking wellness hotel feeling simply better than when you arrived which I am thrilled to read was evident during your time with us. We hope to see you many times in the future!

Dieter Schmitz, CHA

Reviewed December 6, 2017

Hotels in New York are expensive so maybe people review New York hotels differently than they do for other cities but I want do that, i will review this hotel in comparison to what I got for a hotel I paid 400$ a night to stay in. What I got was a decent 3 star hotel in an OK location. I will now discuss the positives and negatives.

Positives: Staff were extremely helpful, hotel and room was clean, I liked the flavoured water offered in the lobby, bed was comfy, TV was really good (I don't know what brand they used but picture was crazy sharp), location is very very close to Penn station. I like the idea of putting exercise equipment in the room. Hotel has a nice boutique hotel vibe and I like boutique hotels.

Negatives: I have never before complained about the size of room but this was was TINY. Furnishings were plastic and rinky dink, seriously looked cheap, the view from my fourth floor room window looked directly and the building next door, so I had to keep the curtain drawn at all time to maintain a modicum of privacy, the excise equipment was useless because the pillar I was supposed to attach all the resistance bands too was so awkwardly placed near a jutting doorway that I couldn't do any of the suggested exercises. Location: Midtown is and will always be kind of lame and is still one of the dodgiest feeling parts of the city in terms of safety late at night. This hotel is NOISY probably because its so tiny and crammed I heard comings and goings outside my room all night long. I didn't even have street noise to contend with, if I was facing the street I suspect noise would be even worse. Nobody explained to me that the (kind of cool) colourful lights attached to the bed could ONLY be turned off by remote control. I know it's not rocket science but I arrived after a long day of travel and meetings and just wanted to go to bed not spend 45 minutes trying to solve the riddle of the lights.

Overall impressions: I paid 400$ a night for all of this. I have stayed in fantastic hotels in paris, chicago, tokyo, london etc. that a LOT cheaper than this.This is a very decent 3 star hotel, no more no less, for what I got this price is obscene.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank Vancouver_Family_Man
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at EVEN Hotel Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2017

Dear Vancouver_Family_Man,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. It is nice to know that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of the room and the comfort of the beds. I am also pleased to read you have acknowledged our helpful staff. However, please accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations with the room size and the noise levels. Please know that it is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued guests like you. We have shared your comments with the hotel management and we’re confident that necessary actions will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that this will not deter you from giving the hotel another chance to make your stays as pleasant as possible.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel in November 2017.
The staff were all absolutely amazing & so helpful. I had a few parcels delivered to the hotel and they were waiting in the room for me. I was in constant communication with the hotel prior to arrival via email and nothing was too much.

The room was a large size and the mood lighting was great! Would 100% stay again.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OllieEdmunds

OllieEdmunds,

Thank you for choosing the groundbreaking EVEN Hotel Times Square South during your travels from the UK! We are committed to providing legendary five star service which I am so pleased to see rang true during your time with us. We eagerly await your return visit and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Dieter Schmtiz, CHA

Reviewed December 4, 2017

I stayed two nights in this hotel. It was well-located, and I really loved the exercise equipment in the room. Very clean, very nice staff. It was my first time in this chain and I really enjoyed it - will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo

MDWtraveler,

Thank you for your excellent rating! I am elated to read you enjoyed our groundbreaking wellness concept created to enable wellness in travel here at EVEN Hotels. We eagerly await your return visit and we thank you for your review!

Dieter Schmitz, CHA

Reviewed December 4, 2017

When I arrived the room smelled like a gym, so they removed all the work out gear and opened the window, It actually helped. The room really doesn't really have a closet, it's more the size of a oversized bathroom cabinet. The beds are comfortable, but the lighting is strange. We had a colorful strobe light wake us up, it was difficult to figure out how to turn if off. They did bring in a clothes rack for our clothing, that was nice. It was hit and miss with friendly staff at the front desk. The location was not the safest to walk through at night. Overall I give this hotel a C. If you're on a budget, you might want to check it out.

Stayed: November 2017
2  Thank Ro G
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at EVEN Hotel Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2017

Hi Ro G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. While we appreciate you choosing our hotel for your travel needs and glad that you regarded our beds comfortable, I truly regret to learn that you only found our accommodations at its average best. Rest assured, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide a wonderful stay. I have faith in our hotel that they will continue to do their best to improve our amenities and services.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better stay in the future.

Alvin M.