“No Air Con/ Rude Staff/ Disgusting Food”
Review of La Esquina

La Esquina
Reserve with OpenTable
La Esquina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #199 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: SoHo
Cross street: Kenmare Street
Transit: 6 train to Spring Street
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I do not usually write reviews; however I had to report my experience at La Esquina. I have been several times and it has gone down hill for the past year.
1. There was no air in the restaurant, and most us could not enjoy our food as we literally could not breath. (in the middle of summer)
2. We waited 45mins for our table
3. The waiters are great; however I have never incurred such rude managers. I eat out everyday (lunch and dinner) and no one has ever treated me so badly.
4. Honestly, only go to the bar as the food is so bad, you won't even want to stare at it.
New management, new air con and new cook are necessary.

1  Thank lawrencevh

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Aside from being pricey, it was a nice experience. Very dark and hip vibe downstairs with tapas style menu. The tuna was my favorite. Flavors were great but just felt like too much of a premium was worked in for the atmosphere. Great place to take out of town friends but schedule in advance!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

With a reservation for 8 one week before we had a very small table, we couldn't enjoy and we paid 90dol per person. Manager natacha didn't make anythimg to arrange the situation and we wanted to report all this to the boss by mail, the adress they gave us was wrong and no delivery to our mail on their email adress!!!! A real desaster

1  Thank Destiiny
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Always pass by this place and see many people waiting...decided to give it a try...and was not disappointed. We got there right before noon time on a Saturday and it was empty. As soon as we sat down…all the tables filled up. I had the roasted chicken torta which I shared with my duaghter and the ceviche blanco they were both delicious. My husband had the huevos rancheros with a side of rice..he didn’t like the rice he said it was not fresh. Did not give it a perfect score…felt a bit rushed.

1  Thank worldtravel29
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This fun little corner place may look understated and cozy, but boasts gourmet Mexican food and drinks. It's walled with interesting art work in bright colors..the staff is friendly and attentive without being overbearing and the patrons vary from being very well-dressed to shorts, t-shirts and loafers. I had the steak tacos and mimosas and our table shared chips and guac...all very tasty and fresh. Definitely a spot to check out in NYC for a lazy Sunday brunch/lunch.