“Always superb”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Between West 4th Street and Bleecker
Transit: A, B, C, D, E, F and V trains to West 4th Street and the 1 train to Christopher Street.
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have dined here many times during my visits to NY and I have NEVER been disappointed. Creative and innovative seasonal menu, a nice wine list and a delightful staff. If I lived in the city I would be a more frequent guest. Everyone I've shared this spot with has been equally impressed.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Being a big fan of the show, Top hef, we were looking forward to dining at Perilla. The first Top Chef Winner had very interesting courses reminiscent of the shows high level using ingredients we normally don´t at home. I had a Sturgeon and my wife the Hanger Steak. Both were cooked perfectly. The service staff were attentive and the location was in West Village very close to the subway.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Made reservations well ahead of time and from all appearances when we arrived, they are a must- the place as packed. Easy to locate in Greenwich, the restaurant is a nice, comfortable space with nice seating and lighting. Noise level not bad. Did not appear to be an overly trendy or hipster spot; a wide variety of clientele present. We were shown to a booth although the restaurant also has tables and a nice bar space. Service was efficient and attentive. We ordered starters with a terrific rabbit and mushroom terrine- well prepared, pink in the center and lovely flavors. Duck breast plate was nice- not the best I've had but still very good with a nice fat layer under crispy grilled skin. The lentil side was excellent. Wine list adequate, not lengthy but had all of the major components of French and Spanish wine. Overall, very nice dining experiece.

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Appetizers were good. Had scallop carpaccio which was excellent. Duck meatballs were ok. Duck breast was terrible and steak was ok. After dinner I had to go running to the restroom. Evidently something went wrong. The whole experience was mediocre. Got there early, only two tables were occupied, they sat us in front of restrooms.I will not go back not recommend this restaurant. Service was proper.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

There are only about 18 tables in this superb restaurant, and the hostess was still able to accommodate our special request. It has s neighborhood and comfortable feel but with exacting demands on the food preparation. We had the hanger steak (don't pass this up, if you like steak) and the braised lamb shank (the whole dish was "a party in my mouth," my wife said). The pumpkin cheesecake with salted caramel ice cream was superior, of course.The young waiter -- born here but of Lebanese ancestry -- after discussing with us, recommended a Lebanese wine (there aren't many wines coming from a Muslim-majority country!), and it was just right. I asked the waiter if he knew of Kahlil Gibran, the Lebanese philosopher and poet, and he said he visited his tomb just last summer and his grandmother knew Gibran!