“The closest you can get to Rome while in Manhattan!”
Review of Sandro's

Sandro's
Reserve with OpenTable
Sandro's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,731 of 14,527 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I have been a loyal patron and enthusiast follower of Sandro Fioriti (who is the owner and chef of his namesake restaurant) since I settled in New York City years ago.
I first got to appreciate Sandro's unique talents at the Serafina branch on East 58th St.in the 1990's and have followed him up till his current location in the Upper East Side.
Don't let us forget that Sandro has proudly brought with himself to Manhattan that unique,special genuine " romanità' " into his cuisine based on his years previously spent in beautiful Frascati at Cacciani restaurant,a great Michelin recommended restaurant located in the city of Frascati,outside Rome ,which I knew since my childhood in Rome.
The mouthwatering insalatina di puntarelle (a special variety of Catalonian Chicory),when in season and the way Sandro prepares it,is simply unique and a rare find in Manhattan.
Not to mention,the fegatini all'aceto balsamico ...or the spaghetti al limone...the fettuccine alla bolognese or the branzino arrosto...each one deserving a prize in its own right.
Sandro himself is not only a great ,talented Chef ,but an impeccable,genuine Host in the real sense of the word . His charming wife and daughter as well as his Maître,besides Sandro himself,monitor constantly and interact individually with each single table to ensure that each one is satisfied with the dining experience in this hidden gem in Manhattan.
As they say in Italy: " Tanto di cappello ed Auguroni,Sandro! ",which means "I take off my hat to you and congratulate you,Sandro!"

Reviewed May 22, 2014

lemon pasta..yum! fried artichokes..yum! branzino..you guessed it! everything ive had here has been excellent. Add the warm service and you've got the recipe ( ugh) for a great meal. We have been going to sandros quite often lately and it is consistent. The only thing is they sometimes don't have the fried artichokes.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have to respectfully disagree with the review below. I have been eating at Sandros for years and love the place. The food is delicious, I've never had a bad meal. The fried cornish hen is my absolute favorite dish on the menu. Their carciofi a la judea is the best I've ever had outside of Rome. I'm sorry to hear that the reviewer below had a disappointing experience but don't let this stop you! The prices are a bit on the high side, but it's worth a splurge once in a while.

2  Thank nyc10028
Reviewed March 14, 2014

It was a very good choice for me! I did not know the place, it was just suggested and I decided to try. The place is quite expensive, but we are in New York and we all know this city is not cheap.
The entrance of the restaurant is not too nice: they should restore it indeed!
When you get inside, the atmosphere is nice and calm and the food delicius.
I had a wonderful appetizer made with artichokes and a great dish of pasta. The pasta was a little bit hard but nice. Also the desert was delicious.
Wines are good (limited selection, though) but very expensive.
I would definitely go back!
Very good service as well!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Heard all the hype. Homey, warm, upper east side, etc. All true. Everything was fine until the food was served. Awful. Pasta, al dente yes, but no taste. Fried Cornish hen? Greasy and basically inedible. And worst of all, the house Baccala. One look and you lose your appetite, which, by the way, I did. There has to be better Italian food somewhere on the upper east side of NYC. Oh, to add insult to injury, the prices are... I'll let you judge for yourself. I'm not going back!

1  Thank Suds R