“Just Go There!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: SoHo
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This was one of my favorite meals on a recent trip to NYC. Cute little place in SOHO, I was impressed that it wasn't as DARK as so many places in the city. Even though crowded like most, you could easily hold a conversation without shouting. Service was attentive and offered recommendations when asked.

The food was so good! Our table started with huge shrimp cocktail and fried calamari. Both nice, but a little more breading on the calamari than I prefer. They also have an interesting cocktail menu and beer list.

Three of us ordered the Lobster Roll, one side of the grilled vegetables, and my husband got the Ravioli. Coming from TX, I have no idea what a lobster roll is supposed to be, but this was delicious. So much fresh lobster piled onto it, was very filling. My husband loved the huge ravioli, packed with lobster meat and served with a mushroom cream sauce. I had been eyeing the Blueberry Creme Brûlée on the dessert menu, but no one at the table made it that far.

Highly recommend Ed's!

2  Thank deemichelle

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Only my second time to eat lobster, so I'm not an expert. And the other place was on the other side of the world (Green Dolphin, Kaikoura, New Zealand), but the lobster here wasn't that good. It wasn't as juicy, it wasn't as fresh.

I did enjoy my meal however, and the waiter was very friendly and helpful. So maybe to NY standards, this is indeed the best lobster in town. But if you're ever in New Zealand, try the lobster there as well.

1  Thank Kris_Peeters
Reviewed February 27, 2013

A really comfortable place with nice waitres and an excellent lobster rolls. We spent 100$ for 2 cocktails, 2 loster rolls and one plate of fried calamari. Expensive? A little bit but the quality of the food and the taste of the drinks were so great! We recomend it for a nice dinner after a long day in the city that never sleep!

1  Thank Karim R
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We dined in Ed's Lobster Bar in our recent trip to New York in February 2013 and the lobster rolls did not disappoint. We arrived at 3 p.m.and were informed that at that time they were only serving the lobster rolls but since this was the primary reason for dining here was no issue. On a side note that the lobster ravioli looked extremely enticing but we cannot comment on their quality. We were seated at bar although there were plenty of tables free, but this gave us an opportunity to talk to the friendly bar staff. We had the lobster roll, which were absolutely laden with delicious lobster as can be seen from the photo and the fries were also excellent. I can thoroughly recommend the Maine lobster ale (an amber ale) which was a perfect accompaniment to the roll. The meal was not especially cheap but the quality and service were both excellent. Well worth a visit if you are in the area.

1  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I met a friend for lunch here the other day after she heard good reviews of the restaurant. My boyfriend and friends all had the lobster roll and raved about it...in fact...my boyfriend wanted another one the next day. I had the lobster ravioli and it was the BEST ravioli I've ever had in my life. I've never seen such large ravioli and certainly none with THAT much lobster meat in them! They also had Belfast Bay Lobster Ale on tap...awesome beer which previously I've only had in Maine! Over all the food was excellent, the place was clean and the service was friendly! I would highly encourage anyone in the SOHO area to check this place out!

1  Thank Theresa C