“A Must Try!”
Review of The Stanton Social

The Stanton Social
Reserve with OpenTable
The Stanton Social is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #763 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Cross street: Between Orchard and Ludlow
Description: Chef/owner Chris Santos has teamed up with Tao owner Richard Wolf, and the James Beard 'Best New Restaurant Design' award winning firm AvroKo, to create The Stanton Social, a staple and neighborhood favorite of the Lower East Side. The design of this three level hot spot tips it's hat to the neighborhood's garment history and offers diners a culinary odyssey. All menu items are designed for sharing, offering guests a chance to experience multiple dishes and flavors throughout their meal. In addition to its 120 seats, The Stanton Social offers a lounge and bar on the upper level, featuring guest DJs. Dishes range from $9-$30 each.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I took my mother here for a pre-theater dinner for her Birthday last year. So I can't speak to the service at high volume times, but our service was very good. Nice modern decor, good les location. I wanted to try the restaurant because their french onion soup dumplings were featured on a show I watch. They were fantastic, as was everything else! Will definitely go back.

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Reservation for 8PM, still no table at 8:45, so gave up.

Hosts are rude, continually told 'your table is just finishing up'.

When we finally gave in, the host was 'just coming to find us'.

Spoke to some other patrons in the bar who had waited 1.5 hours and 2 hours past their reservation.

Deafeningly loud.

So disappointing, as the food looked so good.

1  Thank thedeeg
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Food ("down home", decent cooking but with small "tapas" portions) served by struggling models, actors, and actress types with loud music (upstairs) being spun by a local DJ. Go for the eye candy more than the food. The small appetizer size portions seem a bargain at first until you see how many you ate when you get the bill!

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

So my wife and I, accompanied by my brother-in-law had an awesome dinner here Saturday February 2nd. Awesome vibe right from the door. Service was top notch and the food wasn't trailing behind. It's a Tapas style restaurant so be ready to order a lot of different dishes. None of which will disappoint you. Will we return?? ABSOLUTELY!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The food was fantastic. Everything that we tried was so good I couldn't even pick my favorite if I had too. However, the service wasn't so awesome. We sat in the bar area and by the time anyone even came by they told us 'We have a private dinner, so we will need your table by 8).' Not once, but two different servers said it, two separate times. Then the same two servers tried to take our drink orders separately. Communication is key. The party they said was coming at started taking over our table by 7. One guy from their group even had the nerve to set his plates on our table. It just made us feel uncomfortable the whole time. But the food really was great!!