“Tasty food in a really cool location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Little Owl

The Little Owl
Reserve with OpenTable
The Little Owl is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Grove Street
Transit: Christopher Street Station
“Tasty food in a really cool location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

We came for lunch and had a really nice time. The fact that it's in the friends' building is pretty cool and as the food is decent this place is a great spot to get lunch. My partner had the pork bun and I ordered the cheeseburger. My burger was overcooked (I ordered it medium rare and it came medium well) but other than that the food was very nice. I would definitely return and I'd be eager to sample dinner here!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Santa Clarita
“Great little restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

Walking around the "village" stumbled on the Little Owl we got there at the exact right time for lunch without a reservation. Very small quaint location. I'm usually a California wine snob, but when in Rome do as the Romans do, so I tried a NY Sauvignon Blanc very nice wine. I had chicken for lunch and I must say I am very particular about how it's cooked and The chicken was done perfectly. Service was great and all the food on the tables around us looked great. I highly recommend this restaurant. Here is some trivia. The restaurant is located on the bottom floor of the apt. Bldg. Exterior used in the TV show friends. And it was the restaurant that Catherine Zeta Jones and Aaron Eckhart opened in the end of the movie no reservations.

• Visited July 2014
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Good, but probably won't go back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

Pricey dinner! Maybe I'm just spoiled, but I had high hopes for this place, and Little Owl just didn't deliver. We went on a Saturday night for their first seating at 5:00 pm. It was either that or 9:30 pm. The restaurant is quite small, so I understand the spacial issues, but I'm not quite understanding the hype. Is it the Friends draw (the restaurant is located in the same building where the TV show Friends was filmed)?

My fiance and I skipped on the drinks - $8 for a beer...a Narragansett beer?! We have a fully stocked fridge at home and after seeing the meal prices decided to pass. We started with the meatball sliders, which were as our waitress stated, "really good!" We then ordered the two cheapest entree items - the braised chicken and the salmon. The chicken was delicious. This was my fiances order and I kept going to his plate for more bites. I had the salmon... ehh. It was goooood... but not great. It was plated with an assortment of greens - lettuce, snap peas, etc. I kept commenting on how fresh it tasted, but I didn't order a salad and that's how it tasted. Thankfully, we had a gift card and open table money, otherwise I would have felt bad spending the $75 for a just okay meal.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Candace M
Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

I was in NYC for the weekend for work and took a chance Saturday evening about 6:30pm when I finished working hoping to get a spot at the small bar without a reservation. Unfortunately, it was full but Teresa greeted me warmly at the door and said if I could give her a few minutes she would try to get me a table. She brought me a glass of wine and in 15 minutes had a beautiful spot at the window for me. My meal of soft shell crab over gazpacho and the cod was amazing! A truly enjoyable dining experience. I'll definitely be back.

1 Thank MikeBKC
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Are at this restaurant last week. Food and staff were excellent. I would definitely recommend the halibut! My only criticism is there should be more reasonably priced wines on the list as they tend to start at the $40/50 mark. I live in London and even the best restaurants start with more reasonably priced wines. All in all though I would highly recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank Fiona E