“"The Best"”
Review of The Little Owl

The Little Owl
Reserve with OpenTable
The Little Owl is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Grove Street
Transit: Christopher Street Station
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is probably the only restaurant that I would go back to time and again. The service is wonderful and the food is outstanding. The wine that they recommended was excellent, a perfect pairing for everyone. I had the lamb and it was perfect.

2  Thank Barb G
There are newer reviews for The Little Owl

Reviewed August 4, 2014

The service was outstanding, actually I went one day before my reservation and they found a place, after a half hour wait. The food was very good, I recommend the meatballs!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Truly one of my favorite dinners in a very long time. Small, intimate, warm, friendly, and, of course, great food and wine. Absolutely a must the next time we return to New York!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

The little owl was wonderful. It was just what we wanted. A small friendly restaurant with amazing food. From the moment we entered we were treated graciously. The maitre D the server and the other server that was even responsible for us were all so delightful. The food was marvelous to top off the experience. We had the soft shell crab and the beet salad to start, they split is up on 2 plates for us so we each had a sampling. We then had the lamb which was by far the best lamb dish i have ever eaten. the desserts were delicious and so perfect. We will definitely be making this place a NYC must do whenever we are in town

1  Thank Jleahkaylor
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My wife and I ate at the Little Owl on. a Sunday night. They were out of salmon and lamb.
The meatball sliders were nothing special. My wife had the whole fish (because they were out of salmon) it was ok. I had the chicken and it was very good. The best part of the meal were the 2 veggies we ordered. The asparagus and the spicy Mexican corn. We ate at the bar and the service was quite good. Very small local type of place.

3  Thank John B