“Great for lunch!!”
Review of The Little Owl

The Little Owl
Reserve with OpenTable
The Little Owl is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 13,936 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Grove Street
Transit: Christopher Street Station
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is a quaint little restaurant that I traveled out of my way to visit while in NYC. Gotta try their dessert menu! Great place!

There are newer reviews for The Little Owl

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

A place which should be visited always .. wonderful food and excellent atmosphere. .. lovely and great place when you are in new york..

Reviewed July 4, 2014

My husband and I scored a last minute reservation on a Sunday night. The Little Owl is in the heart of Greenwich Village. The space is intimate, service impeccable, and food outstanding. The meatball sliders were delicious, my husband is still talking about them 4 months later! We had whole fish special (boned and filet'd table side) and the pork house specialty. Both were fantastic. Beigniet for dessert, which while tasty are not like their NOLA counterparts - these were round confections of gooey goodness!

This is NYC, so tables are a tight squeeze but somehow we managed to feel as if we were the center of wait staff's attention. While we were there, couple next to us got engaged - lovely!

1  Thank Tess C
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Visited on Monday June 30th, 2014. Having read the reviews here I decided to give this place a try. This place is small --- 10 tables and 4 seats at the bar so reservations are required well in advance. I found the seating cramped and the atmosphere loud. This is a unpretentious casual dining environment (which I like). The food is very good with some caveats. I ordered the lamb chops. Sear and flavor was nice but the chops were 30-40% unrendered fat which I found off-putting and inedible. The basil gnocchi garnish was room temperature cold. My wife ordered a black bass special which was excellent. The Spanish corn was also excellent. The service was prompt and attentive. Overall my experience was average. Not a memorable meal that will be discussed after leaving the table. I would not make a special trip here nor is this a place for a quiet romantic date. The check for 2 including 2 glasses of wine was $120.

5  Thank TheOldDude
Reviewed July 3, 2014

This was a surprise, in a city as NY it's dificult not to be tempted by the many restaurants. This time though, we consulte tripadviser wich lead us to the Little owl. The admosphere is among the best, the food is original, good quality end surely it lives up to the spot it gained on tripadvisor. The service was outstanding as wel. Wil deffinitly go back to this restaurant.