“Hidden Gem”
Review of The Little Owl

The Little Owl
Reserve with OpenTable
The Little Owl is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cross street: Grove Street
Transit: Christopher Street Station
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We ate lunch here and it was a very cozy place to eat (my wife would say romantic). We had the burger and mushroom risotto, both were very tasty. We shared two deserts that were also very good. Overall would consider one of our best meals in NYC.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
mississippi
“Good food. Small Amounts. Pricey.”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We dropped $100 on A NY steak, Porkchop, green beans, and 2 desserts. If thats in your budget then i would suggest this place.

The pork chop was great, steak was good, and my beignets were ok (if youve had new orleans beignets you will be dissappointed otherwise these are a unique twist)

The service was exceptional. The location is in a nice area.

2 Thank popedaddy
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great place to eat!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Enjoyed the restaurant. Very nice atmosphere. Great food and service! The meatball sliders were a great appetizer. Enjoyed the pork chops with butter beans...Very tasty meal.

2 Thank TravelGuy2531
“OMG this place is amazing”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Should I not behave myself in this life and If I have to order a last meal, it will be those meatball sliders !!!
They are sensational,but to be fair everything else we ate, tasted really amazing as well. My friend said it was THE nicest fish dish she had ever eaten and that is praise indeed. The staff were fantastic even pointed me in the direction of the meatball recipe on the wall beside the entrance to the bathroom... So now I have a copy, I can try and make them when get home. The next time I come to New York this will be my first stop. You are truly missing out if you don't eat here....

1 Thank Larko54
Co. Down
“Best Meal I've Ever Had!!!”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have to admit that I had some initial concerns before I came here that it would all be too fancy and I wouldn't be able to eat anything.......after the first mouthful of my starter the concerns had vanished!!

I had the risotto for starter - the portions were generous and I was worried I wouldn't be able to eat my main course! However it was so delicious I ate it all - followed my all of my main course! I would highly recommmend the pork chops - I don't know how they cook them or the french fries but whatever they do it's unbelievable! I just had to have a dessert (pear crumble) which was just the right amount and incredible! My husband also equally enjoyed his meal (scallops, seabass and cheesecake).

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Its a very small place and we got our times mixed up arriving 1 hour early, however this didn't seem to be a problem and they were able to seat us when we arrived. The staff are also really attentive without being too overbearing!

It was more expensive than what we would normally pay but definitely worth it!!

Visited December 2013