“OMG this place is amazing”
Review of The Little Owl

The Little Owl
Reserve with OpenTable
The Little Owl is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Grove Street
Transit: Christopher Street Station
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Should I not behave myself in this life and If I have to order a last meal, it will be those meatball sliders !!!
They are sensational,but to be fair everything else we ate, tasted really amazing as well. My friend said it was THE nicest fish dish she had ever eaten and that is praise indeed. The staff were fantastic even pointed me in the direction of the meatball recipe on the wall beside the entrance to the bathroom... So now I have a copy, I can try and make them when get home. The next time I come to New York this will be my first stop. You are truly missing out if you don't eat here....

1  Thank Larko54
Write a ReviewReviews (1,080)

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have to admit that I had some initial concerns before I came here that it would all be too fancy and I wouldn't be able to eat anything.......after the first mouthful of my starter the concerns had vanished!!

I had the risotto for starter - the portions were generous and I was worried I wouldn't be able to eat my main course! However it was so delicious I ate it all - followed my all of my main course! I would highly recommmend the pork chops - I don't know how they cook them or the french fries but whatever they do it's unbelievable! I just had to have a dessert (pear crumble) which was just the right amount and incredible! My husband also equally enjoyed his meal (scallops, seabass and cheesecake).

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Its a very small place and we got our times mixed up arriving 1 hour early, however this didn't seem to be a problem and they were able to seat us when we arrived. The staff are also really attentive without being too overbearing!

It was more expensive than what we would normally pay but definitely worth it!!

1  Thank Dave-Jen21
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Little place with great atmosphere, positive vibes, excellent service (attentive, caring, smiling), each plate has special flavors, very tasty and impressive list of good wines. We have had there fabulous time! It is pricy (250 with tip) though.

1  Thank Idit M
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We visited the Little Owl in December 2013. A major reason for us visiting was because it is the famous Friends building shown between the scenes on the sitcom! That alone was impressive but inside we had a fantastic experience!

The restaurant itself is small but this adds to the cosiness of it which we didnt mind at all! The staff were very welcoming and the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. The food was amazing and portion sizes were very generous!

It also has a great spot in Greenwich Village so it's worth taking the time to walk around the area as well. We would definitely return if we are ever in NYC again!

3  Thank kelly0412
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I was recommended this place by a friend. I am so pleased we booked and decided to go. Charming and full of character. Felt like a place the locals go to not a touristy place. The chilled vibe was magic. From the moment we set foot in the place we felt like we were welcome. Nothing was too much bother. Our server knew the menu and wines inside out which was refreshing and we adored the food. Perfect portions and flavors to die for. Delicious food. Wonderful wine. Ambience heaven. Almost felt like you were in some ones home.
I literally cannot wait to return next time I am in the city. If you like small, hidden gems that feel off the beaten path then this is for you. It's not big enough to have a drink at the bar or to sit outside so if you are after that then don't go.