“Delicious & Amazing Ambiance!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Little Owl

The Little Owl
Reserve with OpenTable
The Little Owl is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Grove Street
Transit: Christopher Street Station
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Delicious & Amazing Ambiance!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

MUST DINE HERE!!!

My friend and I were in NYC for a girl's weekend and on our last night in Manhattan made our way to the Greenwich area of town (how adorable!). After looking at reviews on Trip Advisor, we felt confident we'd try the Little Owl to see what everyone was raving about....THEY WERE RIGHT!

Make reservations ahead of time. We had not done this and thankfully going on a Sunday night we were able to sneak in. We did, however, have to wait around 50 minutes, but the woman that greeted us was so welcoming and kind and offered to call us when a spot at the bar was opening up. We were pleasantly surprised to find we were seated at 1 of the 10 tables rather than the bar. EVERYTHING was delicious (I had the salmon and it was AMAZING) and the service was impeccable. We felt like we found a little gem in the Big city :) I would without hesitation recommend this to anyone traveling to NYC, and would make a return visit myself.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Liverpool
“Fab little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We visited as part of our holiday to NYC after reading many positive reviews. We were given a warm welcome by Gerard and the staff. The food was really good and the atmosphere was terrific, such a cosy, friendly little place. Would definitely visit again.

New York City
“Best burger? Think again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

The Little Owl's food has been making waves so I decided to find out for myself if I should add this little place to my list of favorite restaurants. We sat at the bar rather than bothering with reservations-I really didn't feel like reserving a month ahead to eat lunch at either 11 am or 230 pm... I ordered the burger, despite the availability of more sophisticated dishes, because, as I see it, a burger should be the easiest thing to get right, and one of the quickest ways to see if this place lives up to the hype. As the burger arrived, the first thing that I noticed was the apparently deflated bun-I'd seen pictures of their "fabulous" burger showing much plumper buns, so it didn't meet my expectations. Then I noticed the fries-less than half a portion and most of them were tiny bits about 1/2 inch long. The patty itself had no seasoning, hardly any salt, and was not cooked to order-rather than medium as I asked, I got medium rare on the rare side. The whole experience felt rushed and impersonal. I understand that they're busy but gracious service should not be sacrificed just to make a few extra dollars.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Newport Beach, California
“Hands-down the best meal I've had in NYC.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Whatever you're doing right now (reading this stupid review, probably), STOP. Stop right this instant, and call Little Owl to try and book a reservation. You'll have the hardest time of your life, and for good reason.

Our table ordered the salmon, steak, and crispy chicken. None of them were better than any other, yet all of them were the best plates of pristine culinary excellence I've ever had the pleasure of dining on. Can't go wrong with the grilled tomatoes and other appetizers, either.

It can't be recommended enough based on the culinary delights alone. Certainly helping pull off the whole experience are the wonderful decor, location in the West Village, and adorable wait staff.

This little place currently has the phones ringing off the hook, and I frankly wish I wouldn't add more fuel to the fire by posting this review. Can't help it - the world deserves to know about this little place with big success.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Scott N
Aiken, South Carolina
“Small but packs a wonderful punch...make reservations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

If you want to get away from the busy tourist areas and have a wonderful evening in a small romantic dining room give it a try. You will not go wrong with the meatball sliders and fries. Will return in future trips.