“Fantastic!”
Review of The Little Owl

The Little Owl
Reserve with OpenTable
The Little Owl is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 13,830 Restaurants in New York City
Cross street: Grove Street
Transit: Christopher Street Station
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

What a great find. This is the cutest little hidden restaurant in NYC. The service was terrific. I had the lobster risotto for lunch and it was one of the best risottos I have ever had. This is a very small and very busy place so be sure to make a reservation. We will be back every trip to NYC. Thank you Little Owl.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, England, United Kingdom
“really special local gem”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Get in early to get a booking at this place, apparently a fave with celebs and it's no wonder when you try the food!
tucked away in a gorgeous west village street it's small and intimate with a simple menu that is delicious.
The pork chop was lovely, the flavours amazing.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cosy and intimate”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I'd seen the Little Owl on the internet before we were due to fly to NYC and I loved the sound of it immediately. I booked from the UK for lunch the day after we arrived in the city and tried not to get my hopes up... I have to say it was one of the loveliest places that I've ever been and up there with my favorite restaurant in the UK. The food was good and fresh, they had a decent selection of beers and an extensive wine list. The service is great - not too in your face, but was relaxed and you felt un-rushed. I'm a fan of smaller independently run restaurants and this fits the bill. It is small and you may need to wait for a table, but trust me, it will be worth the wait...

1 Thank tashandcharlie
Rochester, NY
“Brunch was over the top!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We came here on our way to the airport after a wonderful weekend in NYC. the place is s small as you can imagine but bright and I didn't feel crowded inside. We had our luggage with us and we were greeted with a friendly smile an a place to put our luggage! Due to the wait we ate at the bar. the bar seats 4 people and felt as intimate as sitting at a table (there were two of us). the mimosas were made of freshly squeezed orange juice made the same morning - $14 but so fresh, it was a treat.
Everyone who worked there were so friendly and didn't seemed stressed by the full restaurant with a wait. My husband had the Surf and Turf tacos which had 1 salmon taco and 1 beef taco. he loves spicy foods and said not only was the fish moist and flaky but the beef was spicy and tender. I ad the omelette special with grilled ramps (!!), a side salad with a light vinaigrette dressing and a side of asparagus and leek breakfast potatoes. these were by far the best breakfast potatoes I have EVER had. the asparagus were sliced thin and full of flavor sand the leeks were almost caramelized with the potatoes. The omelette was so fluffy and light - coupled with the grilled ramps it was full of flavor!
We are hoping to make it here someday for dinner but if brunch is a sign of out delicious dinner is, we cannot WAIT.

Nantucket, Massachusetts
“A wonderful meal!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Little Owl is a bistro on Bedford Street in the West Village. How they produce such a terrific menu in such a tiny kitchen is just amazing. We ate at the bar, also tiny, but the atmosphere and food were just terrific. We had the Meatball sliders and artichoke and heart of palm salad - both perfectly delicious. For our main courses it was a roast cod dish for my wife and crispy roast chicken for me. For dessert, cinnamon sugar beignets and we split a glass of port. What a meal!

The restaurant is casual yet stylish and the staff is relaxed and friendly. The Little Owl can't seat more than 24-26 people and only offers reservations for half its seats, leaving the rest open for walk ins, so getting in at peak times could be a challenge. But if you're visiting the West Village in NYC, it is well worth the trip!