All reviewstimes squaregreat locationnew yorkpenn stationport authoritythe empire state buildingrooms are smalllow floorfew minutes walkmadison square gardenyellow cabjfk airportcoffee machinewould stay againhousekeeping staffaround the cornerearly check
Reviewed June 28, 2017

I stayed here twice. The first time for 9 nights and the second time 4 nights.
I got to my room one night at approximately 10.30pm to find that the door was open and the key was in it's slot. Fortunately, I was with my friend, and we walked in with hesitation to check that there was nobody in our room and that nothing had been taken.
I called the front desk who apologised and said that they would report it to housekeeping.
The next morning, the housekeeping manager called and apologised and asked if there was anything he could do to make it up to us. We made several suggestions (dinner at the restaurant, reward points, refund of 1 night's accommodation). He said he would discuss with his superior and let us know.
The final outcome was that we got nothing but an air freshener which was so overpowering that we had to get it removed.
I have since written to the Hotel Manager and received a reply:
QUOTE: Thank you once again for staying with us, not once but twice. We apologize for the incident during your stays, we wish it has not marred your overall impression of our hotel. Our staff try our best to provide the excellent service that we are glad Latoya makes your stay enjoyable; we wish you will give us a "10" on IHG post-stay service. Please let me know when your travels next bring you to New York so that I may personally assist with your reservation. Thank you!
Yan Chung
UNQUOTE
Surely this is a joke !!!! and, no thank you, I won't be staying there again.

Room Tip: the 06 rooms are larger
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
Yan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2017

Dear Guest hassiak,

Thank you for your review. We truly value all of our guest’s feedback and work closely with our team to ensure our guest’s concerns are addressed immediately. Thank you for contacting our management team.

Regards,

Glenda Gomez

Reviewed June 28, 2017

Stayed at this hotel in June, great location , friendly staff and lovely clean rooms. Will definitely stay here again . We were on the the tenth floor which was perfect. Our safe broke but was fixed within half an hour, quick service.
The reception staff couldn't do enough to help you , they arranged our pick up back to JFK which went well no delays .
Jane , Scotland

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Yan C, Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2017

Dear Guest Jane,

Thank you for staying with us and the great feedback, we are glad you enjoyed the stay. We wish to see you again!

Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

While most of the staff were friendly, our stay at this hotel was extremely frustrating for a number of reasons. We arrived late Sunday morning and were told the room was not ready. We were assured that we could get into the room at 1:30 pm. We came back to the hotel at that time and were rudely told by the front desk person that she didn't know why we were told that. The room would not be available until after 3:00.

The room, although tiny, was clean. A major problem with this hotel is that there are only two small elevators that are supposed to handle 35 floors of hotel guests. The wait time for the elevator was often more than 20 minutes. This is poor design for a new hotel.

The hotel seemed to book some large tour groups who needed to hang out in the minuscule lobby with large suitcases. The plaza outside the lobby was often filled with people smoking despite the "no smoking" signs posted. Hotel staff walked by the smokers without any attempt to enforce the smoking prohibition.

Never again!

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Yan C, Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2017

Dear guest Bob M,

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your feedback. The hotel check in time is 3pm; we are happy to check in guest prior if room is available. Due to the full commitment on Saturday we apologize the early check in request was not accommodated. We wished our bell staff had assisted with your bag storage while you were waiting for the room. Please feel free to contact me if I could further assist. We wish you give us another opportunity to stay. Thank you!

Reviewed June 26, 2017

Very helpful & courteous staff. Even though they are renovating currently, the place was a delight to stay in. Got a deal from tripactions.com so that room was incredibly cheap even though booking at short notice. Breakfast was not included but it's worth the location.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business

Dear guest NeelChaks,

Thank you for staying with us! We are glad to know you enjoyed the stay. The renovation of our front plaza is almost completed. We wish you will come to see us again!

Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

Great location. Walking distance to Times Square. Courteous and friendly staff at all times. Rooms were kept clean. Beds were very comfortable to sleep in!! Felt like I was in my own bed at home !!
Beautiful food in attached restaurant. The ambience of jazz music in the background gave me an energetic and upbeat vibe to the start of my day of sight seeing around the city.
Upon leaving my airport pickup was running late. Bellman Juan reassured me it was arriving communicating with them. He took care of my luggage ensuring not to damage the suitcases while transferring them to the bus.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo

Dear guest Bianca V,

Thank you for your review. We are happy your enjoyed the stay and feel like home. We also shared your compliments to Juan. Please come to see us again!