“Happy happy hour!”
Review of La Loteria

La Loteria
Reserve with OpenTable
La Loteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,103 of 14,908 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: West Village
Neighborhood: West Village
Reviewed October 24, 2016 via mobile

Have the tuna appetizer, elote, the guacamole and a margarita! Then the churros.
One of my favorite happy hours!

Reviewed September 21, 2016

Ten of us, including small kids, visited this place and found a lot of stuff that we enjoyed. Fabulous margaritas started us off, great guacamole served in a stone bowl, ceviche de pescado, tacos filled with pan fried pork belly and others with bird's nest pasta, cheese and veggies were some of our choices.

Thoroughly enjoyed our time there, very lively music and a fun atmosphere.

Reviewed September 7, 2016

In the area visiting with our son, we decided some Mexican food would be good. The first place we tried was closed (It was Labor Day), so we tried La Loteria. We found it on another website and the reviews were good. We found it easily. There was seating outside, next to lots of construction equipment. We decided to go inside. We sat near the open windows. The music inside was very loud. The noise from the subway outside was even louder. We ordered the Guacamole. It wasn't anything special. I could have made it myself. It was 3pm but brunch was still going on, so we had to order from the brunch menu. Most of the menu involved eggs, but none of us wanted breakfast at 3 pm. I got the fish tacos. The fish was breaded and fried. The tacos didn't have any pizazz, they were quite bland. The service was very slow. We all left feeling hungry. We won't come here again. There are too many restaurants to try, for me to waste time and money going back to this one.

Reviewed September 6, 2016

We went for lunch a weekday , the service was excellent and the ceviche of the day was my favorite, I asked it with yuca frita (a little hot for me but my friend love it. My friend has queso flameado and it was delicioso.

Reviewed August 25, 2016

The guacamole was just like good table side guac, though not made table side. The food was pretty tasty. Easy to get a table.