“Wonderful experience”

Ranked #23 of 16,387 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Argentinean, Chilean, South American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Hell's Kitchen
Description: The restaurant is owned by brothers John and Tommy Greco along with their longtime friend Christian Tanno. The Greco name should ring a bell: Chef/Restaurateur John oversees the beloved Village eatery Philip Marie (open 18 years) that serves up delicious American cuisine extolling a "farm to table" sensibility. Tommy, making his debut as a restaurateur, is behind the popular lounge The Ritz, voted one of the best bars/lounges in NYC by the Village Voice and Get Out Magazine. John, painstakingly fastidious about his kitchen, prepped extensively for the opening of this novel restaurant. He traveled throughout South America for several months, diligently researching local cuisine, produce, meats, restaurants, groceries, outdoor markets as well as interviewing residents, coming away with a wealth of invaluable knowledge that he has applied to K Rico's menu. The elegantly appointed restaurant boasts a dining room, outdoor patio garden and sidewalk seating in the springtime. A feature of the kitchen is the authentic "plancha" grill that will cook the wealth of fine steaks offered.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came here after a long day at Central Park and museums. We were loaded down with bags, and the hostess was very kind to offer to store our things at the front reception station.

We were seated on the back patio, which I highly recommend requesting when possible. The greenery, umbrellas and open air were so relaxing.

Our server, Andrew, was incredibly kind and knowledgeable about the wines and different cuts of steak. Everyone loved viewing the tray and hearing the details of each cut. We had a great organic, biodynamic bottle of wine with dinner based on Andrew’s recommendation as well.

We were torn between all the great steak options. Normally we’d default to filet or a chop, but we went with the ribeye based on Andrew’s recommendation. It did not disappoint. The arugula salad with pomegranate, strawberries and goat cheese was yummy too.

I’d definitely come back again!

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (2,757)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is my second time coming to K Rico. This time I came with friends and as the first time , we were greeted warmly by the staff, they walked us through the wine list and menu, love the fact that the showed us all the different cuts of meat and suggested the best option for me and my friends. When you come to this place you have to try the octopus, it’s to die for. I ordered the ribeye steak medium rare and it was cooked to perfection, juicy and just delicious. I usually don’t do reviews but places like this one are hard to find, with great food and ambience. I will continue coming here since my overall experience was amazing . K Rico is amazing!!!!

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank rosa c
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I recently had the pleasure of eating dinner on the patio at K Rico, and my experience was nothing short of superb! Great atmosphere, top notch service, and out of this world steaks, there is only positive to say about this place! It's clear that both quality and quantity are a theme in the standards of K Rico and I can't wait to go back again! Highly highly recommend!!

1  Thank Kirsten M
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went to K Rico to catch up with a couple of friends recently. The steak was absolutely amazing. So many choices on the menu and the staff were super helpful and knowledgeable. I really liked the diversity of the South American side dishes as well. Great ambiance in the restaurant, had an excellent night out!

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank BonVoyageOnze
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent place to enjoy great food with first quality of service.

I will come back for sure.

Christian Tanno es un grandioso anfitrión.

1  Thank giovannyh919