“Great Ambiance, Better Food!”
Review of K Rico Steakhouse

Ranked #23 of 16,387 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Argentinean, Chilean, South American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Hell's Kitchen
Description: The restaurant is owned by brothers John and Tommy Greco along with their longtime friend Christian Tanno. The Greco name should ring a bell: Chef/Restaurateur John oversees the beloved Village eatery Philip Marie (open 18 years) that serves up delicious American cuisine extolling a "farm to table" sensibility. Tommy, making his debut as a restaurateur, is behind the popular lounge The Ritz, voted one of the best bars/lounges in NYC by the Village Voice and Get Out Magazine. John, painstakingly fastidious about his kitchen, prepped extensively for the opening of this novel restaurant. He traveled throughout South America for several months, diligently researching local cuisine, produce, meats, restaurants, groceries, outdoor markets as well as interviewing residents, coming away with a wealth of invaluable knowledge that he has applied to K Rico's menu. The elegantly appointed restaurant boasts a dining room, outdoor patio garden and sidewalk seating in the springtime. A feature of the kitchen is the authentic "plancha" grill that will cook the wealth of fine steaks offered.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I went there for a friend’s birthday & had a blast. The food was delicious. The best steaks in town. And cocktails too! Run, don’t walk there...

-Edgar Sandoval

1  Thank Edgar S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,757)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went to K Rico to celebrate my best friend birthday.
We had a group of 12 people,the food was amazing.
First of all the steak were on point,perfectly cooked and delicious,second I really like the fact that you can taste Latin flavors. Drinks were awesome,we had the pico sours as a cocktail,and then some wine at a reasonable price.
Service and staff were super friendly and very attentive.
Definitely coming back very soon
5 stars all the way

2  Thank Foodforever212
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent restaurant! Went there the other night with my mom and had the most amazing time. Exquisite food and high quality service! If you’re looking for a steak cooked to perfection, Krico is a must !

2  Thank Camimoyis
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I'd picked K Rico on the strength of its reviews for a birthday dinner for my fiancée and it didn't disappoint. All of the staff were friendly, our server explained the menu and showed us all of the different cuts of meat on offer.

We had been given a delightful table outside in the rear court yard and started with some delicious cocktails. We both had the beef fillet as well as some greens, fries and plantain chips and it was amazing.

Throughout our meal the service was outstanding and the restaurant is a really nice place to be. The rear court yard is great on a warm evening.

The steaks were the best I have ever eaten and I would 100% recommend K Rico.

1  Thank 990tomd
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Absolutely amazing food. We started with the sweet corn cakes which were delicious. Good wine for 50 bucks. Steak was perfectly cooked and seasoned. Waiters were very friendly and attentive and made great desert selection that was not on the menu. Probably one of the best meals in NYC of my trips. Our plates were practically licked clean. My absolute only suggestion would be a curtain to cover the way to below as it kinda ruined my lovely ambiance of where I sat.

1  Thank melodir2013