“Amazing dining experience ”
Review of K Rico Steakhouse

Ranked #23 of 16,401 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Argentinean, Chilean, South American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Neighborhood: Hell's Kitchen
Description: The restaurant is owned by brothers John and Tommy Greco along with their longtime friend Christian Tanno. The Greco name should ring a bell: Chef/Restaurateur John oversees the beloved Village eatery Philip Marie (open 18 years) that serves up delicious American cuisine extolling a "farm to table" sensibility. Tommy, making his debut as a restaurateur, is behind the popular lounge The Ritz, voted one of the best bars/lounges in NYC by the Village Voice and Get Out Magazine. John, painstakingly fastidious about his kitchen, prepped extensively for the opening of this novel restaurant. He traveled throughout South America for several months, diligently researching local cuisine, produce, meats, restaurants, groceries, outdoor markets as well as interviewing residents, coming away with a wealth of invaluable knowledge that he has applied to K Rico's menu. The elegantly appointed restaurant boasts a dining room, outdoor patio garden and sidewalk seating in the springtime. A feature of the kitchen is the authentic "plancha" grill that will cook the wealth of fine steaks offered.
Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

One of the best meals I have had I'm hells Kitchen. The owners truly understand what amazing food tastes like. I recommend this for a causal dinner with friends or a romantic dinner with the one you love. If you haven't tried K Rico you're truly missing out on an amazing experience

Date of visit: July 2017
Christian T, Owner at K Rico Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Hello Warren,
Thank you very much for dining at K. Rico as well as for taking the time to write this review for us! We appreciate your compliments very much.

We are very glad that you enjoyed your experience with us, and we thank you for recommending us to other Tripadvisor users.

We look forward to seeing you again soon, and please tell all of your friends about us. ; )

Best Regards,
K Rico Owners

Write a ReviewReviews (2,759)

Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

Lovely friendly staff who really looked after us, and the steak was fantastic and beautifully cooked.

Hi Susan!
Thanks for visiting us, and for posting these compliments for other Tripadvisor users!

We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

My family and I had brunch here, and it was by far the best meal we had in New York. The food was spectacular, and the staff friendly and accommodating. They even made hot chocolate for my daughter even though that's not on the menu. We would definitely return.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank 2GJA

Hello!
Thanks so much for visiting us for brunch, and for saying that we 'served you the best meal that you had in New York by far!!' This is so very kind of you, and we are very flattered.

We are very glad that you enjoyed both our food and service. We always do our best to accommodate our customers' requests, even for items not listed on our menu. We really aim to please here, and we want everyone to feel important and special, even kids! ; )

We appreciate you sharing with the TripAdvisor community, and please spread the word about us back in Louisiana!!

Reviewed July 11, 2017

What an awesome evening out.
Great food, great service!!
A really good night out.

The steak at this place is ridiculously good. I come from South Africa and we are a meat eating nation. But the porterhouse steak I had was the best ever.

Mark, the manager, was brilliant. Very attentive to our needs but not over the top in our face.
Drew, who was our waiter was great, Knew the menu very well and gave us plenty of options.

When back in new York, will definitely visit again.

3  Thank Ashley S

Hi Ashley!!
First of all, we love your headline! Thanks so much for choosing K. Rico and for sharing your experience like this.

We are ecstatic to read all of your enthusiastic comments about our food, service, and special attention by both Marc and Drew.

Thanks for sharing with the Tripadvisor community, and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town!

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2017

My husband and I recently visited K Rico on our final night in the city for our honeymoon. We had made a decision that whilst we were there we would avoid commercial places and try and find more local type restaurants. It ranked very highly on restaurants locally to our hotel in Times Square, so we gave it a try.

We phoned to book a couple of hours beforehand and had no problems securing a table. When we arrived we were a little concerned as we were in shorts and casual tops and the staff were dress in white shirts and black ties. However, they assured us there was no dress code so we carried on in.

They asked if we wanted to sit out on the back patio and we chose to do so, as it was a nice sunny day. In hindsight, we should have chosen to sit inside in the air conditioned restaurant, as the back patio is reasonably small and is surrounded by plants and buildings, so was a little like an oven! Not the restaurant's fault obviously, but if you do happen to visit on a hot day I would sit out of the sun.

We ordered a starter and main each - my husband went for Fufu De Chorizo and I had Chile Relleno. Both were sensational, but particularly my Chile Relleno. It was incredibly tasty and fresh and I could have done with it being a little larger as I didn't want it to end!

For mains I had the fillet steak, my husband the plantain encrusted cod and we shared some mashed caulfilower and brussel sprouts with bacon. My fillet steak was cooked to perfection, perfectly medium rare and the sides were again, really, really tasty. My husband's fish was also fantastic, fruity but savoury at the same time.

I am rating the restaurant 5 out of 5 on the basis of the food; the one thing I would say was that the service was average. Other reviews have talked about how personal and brilliant the service has been, but we didn't experience this. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't terrible. However the waiters didn't seem like they particularly wanted to be there and weren't overly enthusiastic about ensuring us a good time. Also, I'm not sure whether it was because it was quiet, but we seemed to have two waiters, who would come over and do the same thing, one after the other. A little odd.

Regardless of this, I would absolutely come here again when in the City. Food was far and beyond the best we had in terms of more fine dining style on our holiday; the restaurant is nice and modern and central so easy to get to if you're staying in Manhattan.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank Flick_Wiley
Christian T, Owner at K Rico Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Hello!!
First of all, congratulations on your wedding, and we appreciate you choosing K. Rico for dinner, while celebrating your honeymoon in New York City!

We are happy to read that you reserved in advance, and that your experience lived up to your expectations based on the previous reviews that attracted you to us.

We appreciate all of your lovely compliments on our appetizers, Fillet Mignon 'cooked to perfection' and 'fantastic fish' entree. Also, it was very flattering for you to write that our 'food was far and beyond the best we had in terms of more fine dining style on our holiday.' With regards to your comments about the lackluster service, we apologize as we are very sorry to read this.

Thank you for recommending us to other TripAdvisor users, and we hope to see you again on your next visit this side of the pond!