“Wonderful food and quick service”
Review of Maison Kayser

Maison Kayser
Ranked #69 of 479 Dessert in New York City
Cuisines: French
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent French bistro with good, quick service during lunchtime. They accommodated our family, including 3 year old and 8 month old, and we were very impressed by every dish we ordered, especially the avocado toast and the freshly baked breads. Highly recommend this bistro!

1  Thank monicasaxena

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Escape the heat for a cool drink and a pastry or light meal. Arnold Palmer refreshing. Not too sweet, perfect mix.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited here several times in a couple of recent trips to NY.

It’s a centrally located French bistro with sufficient staff to make sure you are looked after. Bread is baked on the premises which means it’s always nice and fresh. And I like fresh bread!

Food was always served hot without a long wait and I had plenty of refills of my pot of tea which always started me off well for the day.

It’s a bit on the pricey side but worth it if you like the experience.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I strolled into Madison Kayser on our quest for coffee. I was taken back by the beauty and charm of this lovely cafe. We opted to grab and go and selected an almond croissant, a cherrie pastry and a chocolate almond puffed pastry. They were all very good but slightly disappointing at the same time. The almond croissant was a bit to dense, not light and flakey as others (Le Gormindine♥️♥️best)I have had. Of all three selections this was the most underwhelming.
I think we should have stayed for breakfast and ate in. I so wanted to return to try some other delicacies that looked amazing, but we just ran out of time.

Reviewed June 3, 2019

It was wonderful to have authentic french bakery/bistro items.
The Buckweaht Flax baguette is out of this world!