Night Theater District
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Room Mate Grace(New York City)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Pool
Hotel Mela(New York City)
  • Restaurant
AKA Times Square(New York City)
  • Fitness center
Hotel St. James(New York City)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
2,228 results
All reviewstimes squaregreat locationnew yorkrooms are smallboutique hoteltheater districtthe penthousequeen roommini barstreet noisecentral parksexynycsexiestblocksubwaywallpaper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed at the Night for a week and loved it. It has the best location everything is right at your fingertips. This motel is small but has everything you need , the rooms are rather small but very comfortable we had a room at the front of the hotel , it was a little noisy but hey you are in New York and we would have this room again. The staff were lovely and very helpful. This really is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Maringly M, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you for posting such a great review Sue B! We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay at NIGHT and would like to stay here again. Please email me directly for any future booking; I will ensure you get the same or similar room and a welcome back amenity.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Location couldn't be better, staff is outstanding, Starbucks two doors down, small market across the street. Rooms are very clean but tiny and dark. The entire hotel is dark and the lighting is moody and, well dark. While I am more of a light person and prefer airy open light rooms, I enjoyed my stay at the Night.
If you are a single business traveler (like me) a standard room works great as long as you don't have a lot of luggage. I did find myself stumbling over things because there isn't a lot of room to put things. My room did not have a dresser, but a small closet. Not recommending this hotel for families but hipsters who like a hotel with an edge.
In addition their website offered such great room rates that this was a no-brainer. Will be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Maringly M, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear ATravelVixen, thank you for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor. We are glad you enjoyed the service provided, location and the hotel. We will love to have you back. For any future bookings, please email me directly.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed here for a week in early January and this was the perfect base for all the sights and attractions available in central Manhattan. Located just a short 100 yards to the heart of Times Square or a similar distance to 6th Avenue, you really are right in the heart of the action. The hotel is boutique and has a quirky edge to it which is more suited to couples. The decor is modern and is full of character in line with its theme. The rooms are very comfortable, excellent bed and luxurious furnishings which lead to a comfortable experience after a hard day on the streets of NYC. Excellent little touches from housekeeping who laid out my wife's dressing gown and ensured we were greeted by softly playing classical music when returning in the evenings. The staff at the hotel are extremely helpful but are not over friendly, and are available when you need their help ,which is a welcome change from the OTT approach often provided from the main chain hotels. Robert, Daniella, Patrick and Simon around the reception area, were always available and courteous enough to ensure our stay was very enjoyable without being intrusive. Excellent Cosmopolitans prepared in the bar by Lisa, made for a nice night cap. If you are looking for a great base to explore this amazing City, this is a good place to consider. We'll done guys...see you on our return in the future!

Room Tip: If you are a returning guest you will be offered an upgrade to the next best available room and a discount against the rack rate.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Lamby64, Thank you for posting a review about your stay at NIGHT. We are thrilled to know your stay was fantastic! We do all we can to provide the best service and we are glad you noticed it.
We all hope you stay with us in the future, whenever you come back to NYC. Please email me directly for your booking in order to ensure the best rates and a welcome back amenity.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

This was our forth stay at the Night Hotel. This was only one night (the other stays were longer) but the staff remembered us, treated us like royalty, supplied a "fragrance free" room, and handled our every request immediately and with a smile. The room was clean, quiet, comfortable, and with every amenity except a coffee maker. Great ambiance. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Rooms facing north have a good view toward Times Square.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jo B
Maringly M, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Jo B, we are glad you are a returned guest satisfied with the service and the hotel overall. We don't have coffee makers in the room, but we do have them available upon request. Next time you stay with us, just mention it during check in or call the front desk and we will deliver one of the coffee makers to your room.

We hope to welcome you back again and we thank you for choosing NIGHT!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Its hard to review this hotel as it has so many good things about it but one major thing wrong, how loud the music is pumped down the corridors and around reception. The good-The hotel is in the most amazing location, right in the heart of everywhere but not on the main roads. The room is wonderfully designed, very cool and funky. I arrived to find a complimentary bottle of wine welcoming me to the hotel. What's bad: Its a hotel that likes to portray itself as a party hotel for trendy people. I would like to think I am one of those, being youngish and working in media. However even I have to say that I thought this hotel was pompous. The staff acted like they were the models in the sex-rated photos on the walls. They failed to acknowledge me on arrival, carried on talking to each other, looking at themselves in the mirror until I announced I was checking-in and coming straight off a flight from London. Down the corridors they played loud nightclub style music, which is fine but you can really hear it in your bedroom. Kind of sounds like a party going on next door once your door is shut. The rooms are super dark, very sexy yes but too dark to put your make-up on in, read a book etc. and no ability to turn them up. Also I was missing a coffee and tea machine in the room. I woke in the morning to find not even a bottle of water to drink. Although I think the idea might have been to have opened the complimentary bottle of wine and carried the party on early in the morning! If you're in town to party it's the perfect hotel, if you need a good nights sleep then looks around for somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo