“Trendy, but location was everything.”

Night Theater District
Ranked #249 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Rooms are trendy, functional and a little small, but what you lack in room you more than make up for with access to Time Square. Staff were great, didnt dine in house becuase it just appeard too small, down side had to pay for wifi in rooms.

Room Tip: Get a room on the south or rear, there was renovations going on in street and a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Maringly M, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Fred D, thank you for posting your review about your recent stay. We appreciate your comment about the NIGHT staff. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

mmorrobel@nighthotleny.com

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I planed a romantic staycation for me and my boyfriend and what better place than the Sexiest hotel in America!? I have to tell you the hotel lives up to the pictures. It's small but well designed. The atmosphere is cool from the moment you walk in off the street. I came in early in the day to leave some decorations at the hotel and Patrick at the desk was super helpful. I spoke to him prior to arrival and he let me know what I could and could not bring (no candles! that was a close one...). I was hoping my room would be ready but no such luck. I was bummed that I'd have to come back later in the day but Patrick volunteered to place my little decorations in the room himself when the room became ready. LIFE SAVER!

As it turns out the room was just as comfortable as the lobby was. It's small but well designed and it really was the perfect romantic getaway for the two of us. I wanted to lay in bed all day on Sunday. I didn't want to leave our little cocoon.

Highly recommend!

Room Tip: If you're looking for a bigger room than book the bigger room. It's a boutique hotel so all...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Maringly M, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for posting a review about your stay LadyG_212! We are thrilled you like the room/lobby and the attention of our staff members. We look forward to welcome you back in the future. Please contact us directly for better rates.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The staff were wonderful. There was glitch in my reservation and to make up for the inconvenience the sent a very nice young man up with a bottle of complimentary sparking wine. The room was more spacious than I expected. King Sized Bed with comfortable mattress topper and nice sheets. I am not a big fan of Art Deco (all that black laquer and silver make the room seem dark) but the room was well appointed. Desk, large flat screen TV, BOSE sound system and and an iron and ironing board were nice additions. It is incredibly convenient. I walked everywhere. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Patroberts_11, we thank you for your review. Guest satisfaction is very important to us, therefore we are very happy you enjoyed your stay and that our staff took good care of you. Please email me directly if you plan to come back so we can offer very good rates and a complimentary amenity.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We've just come back after staying here for a week and what a fantastic hotel, the decor is awesome very sexy from the front desk to all hallways. Highly recommended, The staff were extremely helpful throughout our stay especially Robert who we dealt with most of the time. The location of this hotel is second to none -Times Square is at the end of the street! what more could you want. Would recommend Night Hotel to anyone that's visiting NYC.

1  Thank Faireyclairey
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Faireyclairey, It's very rewarding to read reviews as yours. We are delighted to know your stay was great. I am glad Robert assisted you with all your questions and needs during your stay. We would like you to come back next time you visit NYC. Please email me directly to offer you the best available rate.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The location of this hotel is second to none- Times Square is literally on your doorstep!!!
The room was clean and compact (standard size for NY hotel in this area) with facilities including hairdryer, iron, BOSE sound system and a large flatscreen TV. The staff were extremely helpful throughout our stay. Negatives I would have to include is that the air conditioning unit is quite noisy and a bit to cold and no tea/coffee making facilities in the room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Saiful M, we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be helpful. We do offer coffee makers upon request. Please email me directly for future reservations and I will make sure you get a very nice/quite room and a complimentary amenity.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had a leak in our apartment and had to move into a hotel for the weekend. The service was awesome, and we loved the cool black and white decor. Hotel staff was very friendly. Will definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting nyc.
Wish that the rooms had a little more lighting though.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Sim K, thank you for great review. It's great to know your stay was memorable. We hope you can come back in the future, please contact us directly for future reservations. We are sorry about the leak in your apartment, but we are happy you chose to stay here during that weekend.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel with another couple for 4 nights.

Pro: Location is great. It is just steps from Time Square. Bed is soft. Modern decoration

Con: Room is smaller than we expected. It is not very clean and since almost everything is in black, you cannot tell what are dirty. However, you could tell that it is not that clean in the washroom, like sink with black mold in the corner, etc. Both my friend and my room have no view, just facing a back alley. We did not even open the blind.

Reception has good service. Staff is friendly. Staff told me they actually monitor the fridge closely, so it is better not to touch it if I am not planning to use it anyway.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Alisabe, thank you for your review and for your comment about our staff. We hope you can stay with us if you ever come back to NYC.