“Awesome hotel!!”

Ranked #247 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Awesome hotel!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My daughter and I had a girls weekend in NYC and stayed for 1 night at this hotel. The staff were great and so was the room! It was a very convenient location, close to the theatres and time square. We loved the valet parking too. We would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathryn C
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Kathryn C,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about your stay with us! I’ll be sure to relay your comments to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed May 14, 2013

A week before I arrived at the Night Hotel I contacted the reception to determine whether I could get an early check-in as I was arriving from South Africa at 11am. I did not get a response which was not a good start. When I arrived at the hotel, the staff at the front desk were not particularly friendly and did not make an effort to check if I could get a room earlier - which is a travelers worst nightmare after having traveled for approx 23 hrs. I had to hang around for about 4 hours for a room. I told the staff to then call me when my room was ready as I was just going to wait in the restaurant til the room was ready.

I ended up spending some time in the restaurant which I have to say was wonderful. The restaurants host and his staff were lovely and a pleasant surprise from the staff at the front desk to the hotel.

Staff at reception never bothered to call me to tell me when my room was ready - I had to approach them several times to see whether the room was ready.

The room was lovely and the bed super comfortable-the decor and the bedding were the best things about this hotel as it has a very unique feel. Love the gothic theme!

The people who represent the hotel were nothing to rave home about.

Show some effort, you are in the industry of hospitality and people engagement.

Overpriced for the level of service marketed and expected.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Chevara N,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor,
I apologize for the inconvenience during your check in. Please rest assured that I addressed this issue with my staff and I am convinced that a situation like this will never happen in the future.
We are glad that you enjoyed the room and the theme of the hotel.
If you would like to stay with us again, please do not hesitate to e-mail me directly at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com and I will be more than happy to personally take care of your reservation.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Super hotel with réal good atmosphere
Idéally placed to discover NY
Design is cool and sexy
Rooms are confortable
Services are ok and in Line with promises
You will enjoy
We will return for sure in NY and surely again in that hotel

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Vinbay
Dear Vinbay,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. I’m glad that you enjoyed the room and the service provided by our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Night is a trendy, modern boutique hotel close to Times Square. Should you decide to stay here, you are easily within walking distance to most "tourist" attractions.

I stayed for two nights for business have already booked a return stay. The quality of service at the front desk was excellent and the room was very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank ChachaXIV
Dear ChachaXIV,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2013

POSITIVES: Location--very Central (heavy on construction across the street.) Good restaurant (VERY low lighting) in the hotel and a well-known and high-end steak house with outdoor seating area next door. The housekeeping, front-desk, and front staff were pleasant and tried to be helpful. LACKING: (was only there for two nights, so this may not be the 'norm'): Doorman or anyone to help bring my bags in from the car upon arrival. I booked the reservation via a hotel booking website, and was told upon arrival that there was an issue with my booking. The bottom line: After showing the manager several confirmations including one from the Night Hotel itself, both the reservation and rate were honored.
Room: Clean overall. However, the room smelled strongly of smoke-the hotel staff offered to move me, but not until the next day as they were sold out. The window frame was broken (bolt missing). The linens clean overall, but a plastic duvet cover between duvet and sheets would help. No In-Room Safe, No on-site Fitness Center, and No Free WiFi--the internet service was barely existent (so slow that dial-up would have seemed fast. The front desk said "definitely being worked on" but were still going to charge $10.00 per day for the service! When I complained, they ultimately did not charge). Sexiest Hotel? I would describe as more 'Bordello.' For the positives and the lacking, better value elsewhere.

Room Tip: I requested a room away from the Street (noise), and the hotel was very accommodating.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear nylondon,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at Night Hotel new York.
Please allow me to inform you that we take feedback from our guests very seriously and since your stay actions have been taken to address some of the issues that you experienced.
We have ordered much faster internet service. New safes for all rooms have been ordered. We now offer a complimentary passes to the best fitness club in New York City - Equinox Rockefeller Center.
We will also have many more changes coming in the near future. I am sure that during your next trip to New York City we will be able to offer you service and facilities that would meet your expectations.
I will be happy to assist you with your reservation, please e-mail directly at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for business, shopping and a show. Loved it! The front desk staff is very nice. Amazing location 1/2 a block from the hustle and excitement of Times Square you find this black and white funky oasis. The rooms and design are so cool! The beds are amazing. Very clean.

The only negative I could find is no coffee maker in the room, but Starbucks is two doors away. We also had great bagels and fruit at the deli across the street.

We had drinks and sushi in the hotel bar and it was delicious!

Stayed in a King room #77 on front of hotel and would choose that room again. I loved the hotel so much I don't want to tell too many people about it! I don't want it to become too popular so I can't get a room. Lol!

Two thumbs up.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Katharine R
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear katrocity,

Thank you for a wonderful review of your stay at Night Hotel New York.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed the location of our hotel as well as the comfort and decor of our rooms.
Please feel free to contact me directly before your next trip to NYC and I will be happy to assist you with the reservation.

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Pros:
- Incredibly convenient location just one minute walk from Times Square
- Really nice concept of a hotel where it is always night time
- Great décor
- Comfortable king size bed

Cons:
- Inconsistent customer service (some of the concierge staff definitely grumpy and unhelpful)
- Building in front of the hotel is being renovated and the level of noise is very high from very early morning until late night
- No breakfast offered
- Really slow and expensive wi-fi access

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jacob_UK
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Christian B,

Thank you for taking your time to share you feedback on your recent stay at Night Hotel.
We are very glad you enjoyed the decor of our property and the comfort of our beds.
Please allow me to address the lowlights of your stay.
I apologize for the inconsistency with concierge service. Please allow me to inform you that we relayed your comments to our Front Desk staff to make sure our service is at the highest level all the time.
The construction across the street is currently being done mostly inside of the building. We do not anticipate them having more loud projects that would interrupt our guests.
We are considering serving breakfast in the near future. We are currently discussing this option with the Red Moon management.
We are in talks with our Wi-Fi provider about improving the service quality. We anticipate seeing a big improvement in this area in the near future.
If there is anything I may do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com.

Front Office Supervisor.