“Worst Customer Service!”

Ranked #246 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Australia
“Worst Customer Service!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I haven't even arrvied at NIght hotel and already I am having more dramas and being treat more disrespectfully then anywhere I have ever stayed before!
I booked with night hotel and after 2 weeks of them not confirming or taking out the deposit payment I decided to call night hotel, They informed me they would take out the deposit straight away but instead took out the full sum of my stay. I decided to call them just to make sure that if I needed to cancel I would get my money back, I was talking to a male who out right hung up on me, I called back to hear a rude arrogant voice explaining I hadn't booked at their hotel and they had no records of my transaction and to call someone else, upon telling him I booked through the number I had called him on he sighed and said well when did you book? I told him I had booked a while ago and called 3 days prior to talk about my booking, he then replied in an arrogant manner with well what the hell is a while like an hr ago? I Hung up!
Next I called to add an extra day onto my stay and I was told that she wouldn't change anything and that I once again had the wrong number, when I corrected her she then claimed I had to change the booking at hotel.com, After I told her I had never heard of hotel.com and that I made the booking through the phone on this number (which she had a hard time comprehending) she then told me reservations are locked and call back tomorrow and talk to the reservation manager linda, in a very disrespectful un helping arrogant attitude.
As a soldier currently deployed in Afghanistan trying to book a hotel for my only rest leave, If they are as rude in person as they are on the phone there will be trouble!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Benjamin B
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Benjamin B,

Thank you for posing your review.
We are very sorry for your experience. Please provide me more information about your reservation to pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com and I will investigate this issue in great detail.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Front Office Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Teeny tiny rooms but ok if you are a thin, young (romantic) couple without too much luggage. Great location, great service. We paid about 100$ a night so it was worth it, not sure I would pay a lot more than that for this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SupernovaSurvivor
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear SupernovaSurvivor.

Thank you for your review.
We are thrilled you enjoyed great service and location of our hotel. Please allow me to inform you that we have a three room types (Full, Queen and King) as well as two suites. I am confident that you would be able to find a room that matches your requrements. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com.

New York
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I felt like I was in a movie of sorts. It was a really nice hotel with extremely courteous staff. Our first room was small and we asked for a larger room. Within 5 minutes, the concierge was at our door to help us move to the 8th floor. The room was much larger. It was within walking distance of all the places we visited. It was comfortable, the shower was nice and very stylish. I love themed hotels. Great for couples, sexy romping, and I would give a party there. Loved it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Soulful403
Dear Soulful403,

Thank you for a great review!
We are very glad you enjoyed your experience at Night Hotel. Before your next trip to New York City, please contact me at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com and I will happily assist you with your booking.

Co Down
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great hotel in excellent location. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Rooms were small but clean and functional, bed very comfortable. The restaurant on site was quite good but with a 20% service charge added ended up expensive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AbigalCoDown
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear AbigalCoDown,

Thank you for sharing your thought on your recent stay at Night Hotel.
We are thrilled you liked the location of our hotel and the comfort of our beds.
I relayed your comments about the restaurant to the Red Moon manager.
If you need to make a reservation at Night in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com

Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

What can I say about The Night. Staying there made me want to do bad things, and I mean that in the best possible way. I really enjoyed the ambiance of the hotel. The combination of dim lighting, artwork, decor, and music gives the feel of a high class brothel, and again, I mean this in the best possible way. The staff was awesome. Very friendly and helpful. The room was a bit smaller than I am used to but very nicely appointed and clean. My only complaint was that the wifi was $10 per device per day, but that is probably the going rate for most hotels in the area. The location was great. I stayed here with a buddy of mine, but this hotel is best for couples because it will make you feel very sexy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Michael P
Dear Michael P,

Thank you for posting your review.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed the ambiance of Night Hotel and the service we provide.
Please feel free to e-mail me at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com before your next trip to New York City. I will be happy to assist you with the reservation and let you know how you can avoid WiFi fees while staying with us.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights with friends - altogether 3 rooms. Check-in was smooth and staff friendly & courteous. Tiny property but it oozes cool. Very handy location to Times Square (just around the corner from the Swatch shop). As the name depicts, the whole place is dark. This did not bother us. Comfy beds. The place got a bit crowded at night. Bar/restaurant on premises must have drawn them in. Tried Red Moon, and liked their food. Affordable but not budget. A shoutout to the great people that holds the place together: Barry, Simon, Patrick and Mimi. Thanks for welcoming us and for handing out great service!

It is true, you get a Kama Sutra book (not the graphic kind, mind you), in lieu of a bible.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank lesorlem
Dear lesorlem,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at Night Hotel.
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time while staying with us. I will make sure to relay your comments to out staff especially to Barry, Simon, Patrick and Mimi.
If you need to make a reservation at Night in the future, please don't hesitate to e-mail me directly at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com

Kind regards,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It was my first trip to NYC and the night hotel was a perfect place to stay. It was located literally a half a block away from Times Square, the hotel is gothic, sensual and swanky, the color theme is perfect, white, grey and black. My hotel room was small but it had everything you needed, there was a window but no view since the hotel is located between two buildings. The bed was amazing! I've never slept in anything so comfortable, the housekeeper was so sweet. Every day someone came and left a sheet of paper with the weather and several chocolates, the front desk was very friendly as was the door man. I arrived about 3 hours early from my check in time, they stowed away my luggage and told me they would call me if my room becomes ready prior to 3. I went and walked around Times Square, got some coffee then returned around 2 and they had my room ready! I thought it was great how they kept my luggage for me so I didn't have to lug it around on the streets :) needless to say, the night hotel will definitely be my go-to place next time I visit NYC. Also I booked my stay through the actual hotel website and not a third party website and I actually paid less than what the other sites were offering!!! They were having a special during the time I booked the hotel that if you stayed more than 3 nights it was 30% off, so my 4 night stay came out to $650 dollars! You can't beat that anywhere!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank claudia v
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear claudia v,

Thank you for your constructive feedback about your stay with us. I’m glad that you enjoyed the room and the service provided by our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind regards,